I often miss my phone at home. It slides down between the couch cushions or I forget which room I left it in. Fortunately, I̵
You can start by adding an Alexa skill that lets you find your phone by calling it, or by using your IFTTT account to call your phone from your Echo device. Note that if your iPhone ($ 599 at Apple) is on vibrate, you have to listen to the vibrations. If you’re on an Android, you have another option.
If you think you have lost your phone Outside your home, here’s how you create youror your . But if you’re inclined to let it in, here’s how to help your future self.
Enable the Alexa skill Find My Phone
There’s an Alexa skill called Find My Phone that can help you locate your lost phone – you can even add more than one phone number.
1. In the Alexa app menu, go to Skills and games.
2. Search Find my phone.
3. Crane Enable to use.
4. Link your Amazon account and tap To allow to allow the skill to access your account.
5. Say, “Alexa, find my phone.” The first time you use the skill, Alexa will ask for your phone number.
6. You will receive a four-digit SMS code that you must read: “Alexa, [four digit code]. Then your phone rings.
7. You can add another number by saying, “Alexa, ask Find My Phone to add another number.”
Enable the Cell Phone Finder skill
The Cell Phone Finder skill is similar to the Find My Phone skill. Here’s how to set it up.
1. Say “Alexa, turn on Cell Phone Finder.”
2. Alexa will instruct you to call 415-212-4525. While on the phone with the speech bot, it will tell you to ask Alexa for your PIN. Enter the PIN on the phone that Alexa gives you.
3. Now you can say “Alexa, tell Cell Phone Finder to call me.” Keep in mind that if your ringtone is not turned on, your phone will vibrate.
Let Alexa search, call and play music on your phone
To have Alexa do this, you need an IFTTT account. Here’s how to set it up.
1. Log in or sign up, then click the search bar at the top and type “Alexa.”
2. There’s a list of Alexa choices, and you’ll want to click on everything that applies. Examples are Tell Alexa to find your phone, Hey Alexa, call my device and Alexa, play music on my phone.
3. For each selection you select, click Connecting.
4. You will then be asked to sign in to your Amazon Alexa account and enter your phone number to have a PIN sent to you. Enter the code and tap Connecting.
5. If you lose your phone in the house, say, “Alexa, activate phone search.” (If your phone vibrates, listen carefully to the vibrations.)
Play a song on your Android phone
Alexa can play a song on your Android phone, but you need to make sure your volume is turned up. To do this, use IFTTT to turn up the volume on your Android phone when you text it.
Search for “turn on phone” and scroll through the applets until you find the option Text your lost Android phone to boost call volume 100%. Click Connecting then click Save. Now you can say “Alexa, text Katie lost phone” and your volume will turn up.
Unfortunately, if your phone is connected to Bluetooth speakers or headphones, it will play audio through those speakers instead of its own speakers.
Your smart speaker has a ton of other cool tricks up its sleeve. Here is, my favourite and .