I often miss my phone at home. It slides down between the sofa cushions or I forgot in which room I left it. Fortunately, I have found several ways to find it that is actually quite easy to set up from my.
You can start adding an Alexa skill that will help you find your phone by calling it or using your IFTTT account to call your phone from your Echo device. Note that if your iPhone ($ 699 at Apple) is vibrating, you should listen for the vibrations. If you use an Android, you have another option.
If you think you have lost your phone outside your home, here's how to find youror your . But if you're inclined to let it in, here's how you can help your future self.
Enable the Find My Phone Alexa skill
There is an Alexa skill called Find My Phone that will help you find your lost phone – you can even add more than one phone number.
1. In the Alexa app menu, go to Skills & Games .
2. Search for Find My Phone .
3. Tap Enable to use .
4. Link your Amazon account and tap Allow to allow the skill to access your account.
5. Say, "Alexa, find my phone." The first time you use the skill, Alexa will ask for your phone number.
6. You will receive a four-digit SMS code that you must read: & # 39; Alexa, [four digit code] & # 39 ;. Then your phone will ring.
7. You can add another number by saying, "Alexa, ask Find My Phone to add another number."
Enable the Cell Phone Finder skill
The Cell Phone Finder skill is similar to the Find My Phone skill. Here's how to set it up.
1. Say "Alexa, enable mobile phone finder."
2. Alexa instructs you to call 415-212-4525. While you are calling the voice bot, it will tell you to ask Alexa what your PIN is. Enter the PIN on the phone that Alexa gives you.
3. Now you can say "Alexa, tell Cell Phone Finder to call me". Note that if your ringtone is not on, your phone will vibrate.
Let Alexa search, call and play music on your phone
To have Alexa do this, you need an IFTTT account. Here's how to set it up.
1. Log in or sign up, then click on the search bar at the top and type "Alexa".
2. There is a list of Alexa choices and you want to click on everything that applies. Some examples are Tell Alexa to find your phone Hey Alexa, call my device and Alexa play music on my phone .
3. For each selected option, click Connect .
4. You will then be asked to log in to your Amazon Alexa account and enter your phone number to have a PIN sent to you. Enter the code and tap Connect .
5. Now if your phone gets lost in the house, say, "Alexa, trigger find phone." (If your phone is vibrating, listen carefully for the vibrations.)
Playing a song on your Android phone
Alexa can play a song on your Android phone, but you need to make sure your volume is turned on. To do this, use IFTTT to increase the volume on your Android phone when you send it a text message.
Search for "enable phone" and browse the applets until you find option . Text your lost Android phone to increase the call volume 100% . Click Connect and then click Save . Now you can say "Alexa, text Katie lost phone" and your volume will be turned up.
Unfortunately, if your phone is connected to Bluetooth speakers or headphones, it will play audio through those instead of its own speakers.  Your smart speaker has a ton of other cool tricks up its sleeve. Here'smy favorite and .