Even if you have your, President-elect Joe Biden has already pledged , possibly with a . If that happens, you want your correct address on file.
If you have yourthrough , The same counts for you. You need to make sure you receive the IRS letter verifying when your payment was sent. This is important to anyone who is possible experienced one , and it includes information on how to contact the IRS. Here’s what to do.
Here’s how to forward your US mail if you’ve moved
When you first move, it is important to forward your email so that you never miss an important document such as a stimulus check. Here’s how to do it.
1. In a browser window, go to usps.com/move.
2. Fill in the form with your contact details, the date you want to forward the email, and your old and new address. Make sure everything is correct and click The next when you are ready to move on.
3. You then need to specify your payment method. It costs $ 1.05 each time you forward your mailing address. Please note that you cannot use a prepaid credit or debit card for this.
4. After you have paid, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that your address change has been made.
5. At your new address, look for a USPS confirmation letter and welcome pack in the email. USPS notes that it can take anywhere from three business days to two weeks for you to receive your forwarded email.
Notify the IRS of your new address
After you complete your change of address with USPS, you may also need to let the IRS know your new address, especially if you. The IRS says that if you have filed a 2019 tax return and have not provided information about your direct deposit, the payment will be sent to the registered address. However, if you forwarded your email, USPS has the updated information to get your check to you.
If you haven’t alreadybut plan to use your new address. The IRS says it will update its records with your new address. If you typically don’t have to file taxes and haven’t received your first incentive payment, the deadline has passed but on your taxes this year.
To notify the IRS of your change of address, you can complete Form 8822 or notify the IRS in writing at ‘the address where you filed your last return’ by your full name, your old and new address, your social security number. taxpayer identification number or employer identification number and your signature. The IRS says you can also do this over the phone, but they may ask for additional information. Keep in mind that it can take four to six weeks for your change of address to be processed by the IRS.
For more information on stimulus controls, here, and .