With more than a billion users worldwide, WhatsApp is one of the most popular ways to communicate in the world. But if you have many contacts in your phone, it can all be annoying and time-consuming to add them all to WhatsApp one by one.
If you are looking for the fastest and easiest way to get all your contacts domestic and international contacts in WhatsApp, we have everything you need to know here.
How to add contacts in iOS
- In the chat window, tap the chat icon at the top right of the window.
- In the next screen, tap New contact .
- Enter the name and phone number of the person you want to add ̵
- The contact details will then appear in your Contacts.
How to add contacts in Android
- From the Chats panel, tap the Chat icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select New Contact in the next screen.
- Enter the contact information of the person you want to add.
- Tap Save at the top right of the window. The following screen shows the full contact.
- Your new contact will also appear in your address book.
How to invite a friend to become a member of WhatsApp
If you use WhatsApp more often, you always want to add more people to your contacts. Because you can only communicate with people who already have WhatsApp, you might need to use some friendly persuasion to get your friends to download another app on their overfull phones.
On an iOS device
- Go to the chat window and tap the chat icon at the top right.
- Scroll down on the next screen.
- Tap Invite friends to WhatsApp .
- Choose from the menu to Mail or Message the invitation.
- Choose your friend from your contact list and tap the button Send 1 invite .
- WhatsApp sends a pre-written note with an invitation and a link to the app in the App Store.
On an Android device
- Go to the chat window and start a new chat.
- In the next panel, tap Invite friends .
- With the app you have access to e-mail and messages, where you can send a message to your friend.
- Tap Send .
- Your friend gets a link to WhatsApp Messenger in the Google Play Store that he can download and sign up.
Adding a friend from another country
Adding an international friend is much the same as adding another contact. You still start with the chat window and add a new contact. Make sure you follow the protocol for adding foreign telephone numbers.
- Always start with a plus sign (+) when adding the contact's phone number.
- Type the country code, a country-specific numeric prefix, followed by the telephone number. Search online to find the country code if you don't know.
- Remove any leading zeros or calling codes from the telephone number after entering the country code.