Decorative and functional dials are a hallmark of the Apple Watch. It is fairly easy to select one and adjust their appearance. You can even do it from the watch itself or on your iPhone. And if you are tired of your current choices, you can always add a new one.
On your iPhone
To switch to a previously installed watch face:
- Open the Watch app. You will see a scroll line of the watchfaces that you have previously installed. Swipe left and right to find the one you want to use or adjust and tap it.
- Scroll down and tap "Set as current watch face". You are ready to go.
Adjusting a watch face – in other words, changing the color, style or other aspect – works a bit different depending on the functions of each specific face. However, the general idea is the same for everyone.
After tapping the desired face, swipe down to see which aspects you can adjust and swipe to see what your choices are. For example, if you see an aspect for color, swipe it to view the available color schemes of the face and tap the one you want to use.
If you want to change an icon on the watch face that launches an app on your watch – what Apple calls " Complications "- tap on the correct menu item, browse and select. Scroll through the list of available positions, tap the positions you want to change and choose the complication you want to use from the scroll list. If you're right, go to the bottom of the screen and tap & # 39; Set as current watch face & # 39 ;.
To install a new watch face:
- Open the app Watch. You can see the faces that are already installed at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Face Gallery icon at the bottom center of your screen. Scroll up and down and left and right to view Apple's creative gift.
- Tap the one you want to add, tweak the settings a bit if you want, and tap "Add". The new face appears in a short order on your watch.
On your watch
Switch to a previously installed watch face:
Switch between your installed faces , just swipe left or right on the watch screen. That is it.
Adjusting your watch face is a bit more complicated.
- Force the screen to touch. You feel a vibration and the dial goes to Adjust mode.
- Swipe left and right to choose the face you want to work on and tap & # 39; Adjust & # 39 ;.
What happens next depends on what face you want to work with and how complex it is.
Generally, faces have two or three design categories that you can change. Each category gets its own screen. The number of screens is indicated by the dots at the top of the screen. You can switch between the categories by swiping left and right. The area that you can change is indicated with a green outline and is usually labeled.
If you want to make a change (color, style, etc.), browse the available options by tapping the area that you want to change (if more than one area is outlined on the display) and the Digital Crown rotate
In the last screen you can usually manage the complications. Things that you can change are marked with circles. Tap what you want to adjust and scroll through the available complications by turning the crown.
When finished, press the crown once (a longer press activates Siri, so do not get stuck) and you will be returned to the Adjust screen.
Lower your wrist and you use that adjusted dial. If you are not wearing the watch, press the crown or tap the screen once to return to the "Adjust" screen and again to return to normal mode.
To install a new watch face:
- Force the screen to enter the "Customize" mode
- Swipe to the left until you see the "New" button. Tap it.
- Swipe up or down or turn the crown to cycle through the available faces. Tap the one you want to add and you're done. (You can customize it by following the instructions earlier in this article.)