Adding pronouns and avoiding automatic use of binary gender has been a major initiative for a number of technology companies, including, and . On Zoom, it’s super easy to do, and it only takes a few minutes.
There are two ways to change your pronouns on Zoom. The first takes a few steps, but will change your name for all future meetings. The second is very fast and lets you change your name in each individual meeting — but you’ll have to do it every time.
Here’s how to add or change your pronouns on Zoom. (Make sure to check out), also.)
How to permanently add your pronouns to your Zoom account
1. Go to the Zoom web portal and log in to your account.
2. Click Profile.
3. In the top right corner opposite your name, click edit.
4. below Display name, add your pronouns in parentheses after your name. For example, mine would be Alison DeNisco Rayome (she/her). Click Saving Changes.
Your name with added pronouns should appear in every meeting from now on.
How to add or change your pronouns for each individual Zoom meeting
1. After entering the meeting, click on the three dots next to your name.
2. In the drop-down menu, click rename.
3. Add your pronouns in brackets after your name and click klik OK. Note that this will only change your name for your current meeting, and not for others in the future.
For more, check out, and .