Amazon announced five new Echo speakers on Wednesday. The product line includes the Echo Studio, Echo Show 8, an updated Amazon Echo ($ 99) for 201
Amazon also introduced the Echo Glow ($ 30), which pairs with Alexa and serves as a smart night light. However, it is not a smart speaker, so we have omitted it from this list. The functions of the Echo Glow include setting sleep timers, pulsating light to the rhythm of music and campfire mode, which gives you the illusion of a bonfire.
Here is all you need to know about Amazon's new Echo speakers for 2019, from their price and availability to the features that make them unique to the rest.
Which new Amazon Echo is which
Echo Studio: Amazon positions this as the one with the best sound. This is perhaps the most advanced echo of the set, with three speakers on the left, right and top of the device. Echo Studio is the first of its kind with 3D audio. You can stream two Studio speakers simultaneously while watching TV to create a theater-like listening experience.
Echo Show (2019): The latest Show is a speaker with an 8-inch HD screen. It has a microphone and camera off button for user privacy. It also contains a physical camera shutter.
Echo (2019): This device resembles the Echo Plus and has a 3-inch woofer and an increased rear volume. It also has a design of fabric and has a new color, dusk blue.
Echo Dot with clock: This looks and works just like the Echo Dot, a small and portable speaker, but now it has an LED display clock. So you don't always have to ask Alexa what time it is. Here's a new feature: when your alarm goes off, you can tap the top of the speaker to snooze.
Echo Flex: This is the first Echo device that is wireless and is plugged into the socket instead (you can probably also connect it to a power strip). The Flex has a small built-in Alexa speaker so that you can give commands, but it is "not optimized for playing music". So it plays music, but it's not ideal. The Flex contains a USB port with which you can charge your phone and connect other accessories, such as a motion sensor and a new Amazon Smart Nightlight.
Costs and sales date
All of these Amazon Echo devices can now be reserved on Amazon.com. Here is a list of dates on which they will be available:
- Echo Studio : $ 200, available for sale on November 7
- Echo Show (2019) : $ 130, available for sale on November 21  Echo (2019) : $ 100, for sale on October 16
- Echo Dot with clock : $ 60, for sale on October 16
- Echo Glow : $ 30, too purchase on November 20
- Echo Flex : $ 25, sale November 14
Alexa Assistant also gets new assignments and skills
- Amazon wants to improve the way Alexa communicates, so it has created these two new assignments: "Alexa, tell me what you've heard", which tells Alexa what it is is thought you said, and "Why did you do that?" with which Alexa explains why it performed an action (such as playing music).
- Automatically delete voice recordings after 3 or 18 months
- Neural text-to-speech
- Multilingual mode
- Mimics celebrity votes (with their permission))
- Frustration detection for Alexa
- Alexa Guest Connect
- Alexa Communications for Kids
- Alexa Education Skill API
Want to see what else Amazon has released today? View Amazon event 2019: Echo Buds, Echo Frames, Alexa privacy updates, Amazon Smart Oven and everything announced and Echo Loop puts Amazon's Alexa on your finger.
Originally published earlier this week.
CNET may receive a commission from retail offers.