After the slight update of iOS 13.3.1, we needed beta testers some excitement. Fortunately, Apple delivered the goods with iOS 13.4 developer beta 1, with fun new features such as new Memoji stickers and a new Mail toolbar. Of course, that update was for developers only, so we are public testers happy that Apple released the first public beta today.
Apple has released 13.4 public beta 1 today, Monday, February 10 at 1:00 PM public testers. EST (10 hours PST), five days after the release of dev beta 1. If you wonder what the delay is all about, it's perfectly normal. Apple usually waits to release the first public beta for a major update to see if there are significant bugs or problems with the software. In this way, the company avoids a large group of iPhones with the problems and can correct them for the first public release.
What's new in the first public beta of iOS 1
- 9 new Memoji stickers
- An update e-mail toolbar with options for "Move" and "Mark"
- Developers can now sell iOS and macOS apps as a single purchase
- sharing of iCloud folders is back; Integration with Family Sharing is now supported in TV
- Third-party navigation and support for new call control in CarPlay
- Control Center on home button iPhones is similar to the layout of iPhone X devices, with network information in the top left corner and battery information in the top right corner
- When an app previously authorized for "While using the app" asks location permission for "Always" authorization, your iPhone will then display the location verification prompt
- You can now use Shazam shortcuts
- A new option "Always listen to & # 39; Hey Siri & # 39;" in Accessibility -> Siri, which listens to Hey Siri commands, even when your iPhone is facing down or covered
- You see a new temporary icon for VPN disabled in the status bar
- You can tell Siri to the home screen
- Apple Music lyrics identify instrumental sections with an ellipse
However, there are also some bugs. After you have checked out the settings of a specific app and then return to the Settings main page, settings may be closed; you cannot download this beta via Restore Image on iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max; and Photos may not be synced correctly with Apple Watch in addition to other developer-specific bugs. You can view the full release notes below:
iOS & iPadOS 13.4 Beta Release Notes
The SDK for iOS and iPadOS 13.4 supports the development of apps for iPhone , iPad and iPod touch devices with iOS and iPadOS 13.4. The SDK is supplied with Xcode 11.4, available via Beta Software Downloads. See Xcode 11.4 Beta Release Notes for information about the compatibility requirements for Xcode 11.4.
General – Known Issues
- After viewing specific app settings and then returning to the Settings main page, the Settings app may quit unexpectedly. (59124369)
- Beta iOS 13.4 is available for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max using the configuration profile. Installation with the Restore Image is currently not available for these models. (59163378)
CarPlay – Known Issues
- If the Siri interface no longer appears as expected, restart the phone. (58685659)
Location Services – New Features
- When an app always requests authorization for the first time after being previously authorized while using the app, the device immediately presents the location verification prompt. (57106235)
Photos – New Features
- New shortcuts are available in Photos & iPads on iPadOS that allow you to quickly navigate between tabs, search and create albums. In full screen mode, you can also delete, duplicate, and open edit mode with a keyboard. (57195967)
Photos – Known Issues
- Photos may not be synchronized as expected with Apple Watch. (58345344)
RealityKit – Known Issues
- The loading methods generated by the code do not load Reality files. (58925510) Workaround: Use the load (contentOf: withName 🙂 and loadAnchor (contentOf: withName 🙂 methods without specifying the scene name in the URL. If you have multiple scenes in your Reality Composer project, create separate Reality Files and Reality Composer projects for each scene and load them using these methods.
SwiftUI – New Functions
- When using a NavigationView with multiple columns, the navigation bar now shows a control to switch between the columns. (49074511)
- The onDrag and onDrop modifications are now available on iOS. (49661347)
To download and install iOS 13.4 public beta 1, log on to Apple's beta site at download and install the configuration profile, and then update wirelessly. If you already have the profile, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start the installation of the latest beta build, or you can wait for it to be installed automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Note: according to Apple, iOS 13.4 dev beta 1 is available for iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max with only the configuration profile, not the recovery image. All other 13.4 compatible iPhones seem unaffected.
Don't miss it: New iOS 13.3 Features and changes you don't want to miss