If you use Apple Pay on your iPhone (
$ 870 at Walmart
) or Apple Watch (
$ 399 at Apple
) you may have wondered about the small black oval from Apple Pay that appears at the bottom of your Messages app. Or maybe you had a friend whowith and you wonder what to do with it. I'm going to show you how you can use Apple Cash in your Apple Pay wallet to send, receive and apply for money and transfer cash to your bank account.
With Apple Cash, Apple Pay and the Apple Card ̵
You can send people money with Apple Cash and people can send your money, which is automatically and securely stored on your Apple Bank card. However, there is no real physical map, only a metaphorical one. If you want to follow step by step, watch the video above.
Setting up Apple Cash on your iPhone
Let's start setting up Apple Cash on your phone.
Open the Wallet app on your phone. If you have already set up Apple Pay, you will see the black Apple Cash card. By the way, when you tilt and turn your phone, the colored circular pattern on the map changes color. There is no practical use for this function except that it is fun.
1. Tap the map and then select Set up now .
2. On the next screen, tap Continue . Moments later, the Apple Cash window is set.
3. Hit Continue . If you do not have a bank card on your telephone, you will be asked to add one. If you choose not to add one, you can add it later, but you cannot send money because you do not have one.
If Apple Pay is not already set up, see CNET & # 39; s how to set up Apple Pay item to get started.
Sending Apple Cash
1. To send cash, open the Messages app and then start a conversation or start a new one.
2. Tap the Apple Pay button below the message field. If you don't see it, tap the Apps icon to reveal it.
3. Then tap the plus or minus buttons to add the amount that you want to send.
4. Then, if you want, add a message that goes with the payment.
5. When you are ready to send, tap the black circle with a white arrow.
By default, all the money that you already have in Apple Cash is used to make the payment first. Otherwise, money will be charged on the bank card that is linked to your telephone.
Apple Cash on the Apple Watch
Apple Cash is not only limited to your phone. You can also use it on your Apple Watch.
1. Scroll down in Messages and tap the Apple Pay .
2. Turn the Digital Crown to add or subtract money.
3. Then tap Pay .
Speak with Apple Pay
By the way, you can also use Siri to pay someone with Apple Cash. Simply activate Siri and say: "Siri, Apple Pay $ 80 to Eric Franklin."
Ask Apple Cash for someone
You can also use it to request money. For example, if you have purchased tickets for a movie for yourself and a friend, you can request the money they owe you.
1. From Messages, tap the Apple Pay button.
2. Then enter an amount and then tap Request . You don't have to, but it's probably a good idea to add a message.
3. Press when you're done .
Receive Apple Cash and transfer to bank
Next comes the fun part: when someone sends you money. When you receive Apple Cash from someone, it is automatically received and stored as standard in Apple Cash. If you have set up your Apple Cash card, you can use your balance to make purchases in apps, online and in stores. Otherwise you can transfer Apple Cash to your bank account.
1. Open the Wallet app and tap Apple Cash .
2. On the next screen, tap the black circle at the top of the screen.
3. Find and then tap the button Transfer to bank .
4. Enter the amount that you want to send and press Next .
5. Then select 1-3 business days . If you have not set up a bank account, follow the instructions on your screen to add one.
6. You must then confirm with Face ID, Touch ID or your access code. Then the worst comes: waiting for the money to be transferred.
If you have a Visa debit card that is linked to Apple Pay, you can transfer immediately to get the money to your bank account quickly. After tapping Transfer to Bank press Instant Transfer . Then select the Visa payment card to which you want to transfer money and the billing information. Your money must be transferred within 30 minutes. A 1% fee may be charged for direct transfer.
Canceling an Apple Cash payment
There may be a time when you must cancel an Apple Cash payment. For example, if you have sent someone money that has not been accepted, you may want to cancel it and pay by another method.
1. Open Messages and go to the payment or search for the payment on the screen Latest transactions under the Apple Cash card in the Wallet app.
2. Tap the payment to view the details and then check the status field.
3. From there, tap Cancel payment . The status field must be updated to read Canceled. If you do not see the option to cancel, the person has already accepted the payment. In that case you must ask the person to send you money back.
Apple Cash is a really handy, though complex, system. Once you have set the base, you must be ready to go.