Last week, Apple released the first iOS 13.4 beta for developers with fun and useful new features, such as nine new Memoji, an upgrade email toolbar, and the ability to control your NFC-compatible car via CarKey. In addition, Apple today just released iOS 13.4 developer beta 2, but does the update have any new changes to be excited about?
Apple has pushed the update today (February 19) at 1:00 PM. EST (10 hours PST), the company's standard beta update release time. It's for developers only, but the public beta can be released at 4:00 PM. EST (1 p.m. PST) or, hopefully, tomorrow at the latest.
So what's new in dev beta 2? That remains to be seen. As soon as we have the chance to explore the entire operating system, we report on new features or changes that we find. Although we hope there is enough to finish, beta 1
- 9 new Memoji stickers
- An update email toolbar with "Move" and "Flag" options
- Developers can now sell iOS and macOS apps as one purchase
- Sharing iCloud folders is back; Family Sharing integration is now supported in TV
- Third-party navigation and support for new call control in CarPlay
- Control Center on Home button iPhones is similar to the layout of Face ID devices, with network information in the top left corner and battery information in the upper right corner
- When an app previously authorized for "While using the app" asks for "Always" location permission, your iPhone will display the location verification prompt
- You can now create Shazam shortcuts
- A new "Always listen to & # 39; Hey Siri & # 39;" option that will listen to commands even when your iPhone is face down or covered
- You see a new temporary VPN icon disabled in the status bar
- You can tell Siri to go to the home screen
- Apple Music lyrics identify instrumental sections with an ellipse
To update your iPhone to iOS 13.4 dev beta 2, you must be a registered developer. You can use the iPhone recovery image available in the developer portal (install with iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile and then update it wirelessly. If you have already installed the profile on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to install the latest beta build, or you can wait for it to be installed automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Don't miss it: All the new features of iOS 13.4 you need to know for iPhone
Become an iPhone expert with our ultimate guide to the eBook for iPhone and iOS.
Buy now for $ 1.00>