Up to now, iOS 13.4 has not been a disappointment. From new Memoji stickers, a renewed Mail toolbar, even the start of driving your car with your iPhone, Apple & # 39; s latest iOS update looks good. That is why we are delighted that Apple has just released the third 13.4 beta for developers today, a week after the release of dev beta 2.
Apple has released this latest 13.4 beta update at 1:00 PM. EST (10 hours PST). If you follow iOS beta news closely, you know that Apple uses this release time for most major beta updates. That said, this beta version is only for registered developers. If you do not have a developer profile, you must wait until Apple releases the public beta, which we expect to see at 4 p.m. EST today (1
Because this update news is so fresh, we do not know exactly what new features or changes Apple has built into dev beta 3. We keep this article updated with all the discoveries we make. In the meantime, you can view Apple's release notes below:
iOS & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 Release Notes
- The SDK for iOS and iPadOS 13.4 supports the development of apps for iPhone , iPad, and iPod touch devices with iOS and iPadOS 13.4. The SDK is supplied with Xcode 11.4, available via Beta Software Downloads. See Xcode 11.4 Beta 2 Release Notes for information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 11.4.
General – Known Issues
- To install iOS 13.4 beta 3 using the Restore Image, install Xcode 11.4 beta 2 first.
General – Resolved issues
- Resolved an issue that caused the Settings app to be unexpected could be closed after a user had viewed specific app settings and then returned to the Settings main page. (59124369)
Keyboard – New Features
- QuickType keyboard now supports predictive input for Arabic.
- QuickType keyboard now supports live conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin).
- QuickType keyboard now supports Swiss German layout for 12.9 "iPad layout.
Keyboard – Solved problems
- 12.9" iPad layouts for different languages now accurately match the hardware keyboard layout -outs.
Location Services – New Features
- When an app always requests permission for the first time after it was previously authorized for while using the app, the device immediately presents the location verification prompt. (57106235)
Photos & New Functions
- New shortcuts are available in Photos & # 39; s on iPadOS, which allow you to quickly navigate between tabs, search for albums and create albums. In full-screen mode, you can also delete, duplicate, and open the Edit mode with a keyboard. (57195967)
Photos & # 39; s – Resolved Issues
- Resolved an issue where photos & # 39; s might not be synchronized with Apple Watch. (59324590)
SwiftUI – New Functions
- When using a NavigationView with multiple columns, the navigation bar now shows a control to switch between the columns. (49074511)
- The onDrag and onDrop modifications are now available on iOS. (49661347)
For comparison, this is what we saw with dev beta 2:
- New section Streaming options in TV settings
- New section Download options in TV settings
- Update to the Mail toolbar, which itself has been updated with beta 1
- "Change Your Clicks" is now "Home Button Haptics" on iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus
- A new prompt when enabling AssistiveTouch for the first time asking if you want to add "Dwell" and "Scroll" to the top level customization
- Hints in the code that iOS will soon support MX Anywhere 2 and Corsair Harpoon RGB Gaming Mouse  Tips in the code that CarKeys can be shared via iMessage
To update your iPhone to iOS 13.4 dev beta 3, you must be a registered developer. You can use the iPhone recovery image available in the developer portal (install with iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile and then update it wirelessly. If you have already installed the profile on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to install the latest beta build, or you can wait for it to be installed automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Don & # 39; t Miss: All the new iOS 13.4 features you should know about
Start your graphic design career with the Gadget Hacks guide for Photoshop course
Buy now for $ 199.99>