When it comes to iOS beta updates, developers first get their updates, and as soon as they do, public testers play the waiting game. Sometimes Apple releases the public version three hours later. Other times it waits 24 hours. It is a die almost every time. As for iOS 13.4 public beta 2, it is the latter case, exactly one after developer beta 2.
To be specific, 13.4 public beta 2 appeared today, February 20, at 1:00 PM. EST (10 hours PST). We have been able to test the dev version for 24 hours, so we have had enough time to see what beta 2 would contain. The answer? No tons, but not a little either.
Brand new for beta 2 is a set of settings for the TV app. Under the new section Streaming options are:
- Use mobile data : Disabled, but you can enable it to stream movies and TV programs when Wi-Fi is not available . Make sure your mobile subscription can handle all that data.
- Mobile : if you use & # 39; Use mobile data & # 39; , you can & # 39; Data saving & # 39; (up to 600 MB per hour) or & # 39; High quality & # 39; "(uses more data, but not specified).
- Wi-Fi : Here you can choose the same" Data saving "and" High quality "options. However, Data Saver can run up to 1
There is also a new download options with the following options:
- Use mobile data : Just like the streaming setting above and also disabled by default.
- Mobile : With the "Use mobile data" switch on, select "Fast downloads" or "High quality", which lasts longer.
- Wi-Fi : There are also "Fast downloads" and "High quality" here.
- Audio languages : If you want to listen to a movie or TV series in a language other than your current region, you can add audio for other languages, matching subtitles are also recorded for e Any language, as well as audio descriptions if it is enabled in Accessibility. If the language you choose is not available for a movie or TV show, Apple uses the default language.
Email mail toolbar now looks more like in iOS 12. The first beta added the Move and Mark buttons again, but beta 2 removes the short return from Flag to throw back in the Compose shortcut. Really, Apple should just add Flag to iOS 12 because they already think so.
According to the release notes from Apple supports the QuickType keyboard predictive input for Arabic and live conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin). The update also resolves an issue where the Siri interface in CarPlay may not work as expected.
You can see the full release notes below:
The SDK of iOS and iPadOS 13.4 provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices with iOS and iPadOS 13.4. The SDK is supplied with Xcode 11.4, available via Beta Software Downloads. See Xcode 11.4 Beta 2 Release Notes for information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 11.4.
General – Known Issues
- After a user has viewed specific app settings and then returns to the Settings main page, the Settings app may quit unexpectedly. (59124369
- To install iOS 13.4 beta 2 using the Restore Image, first install Xcode 11.4 beta 2.
CarPlay – Resolved issues
- Resolved an issue where the Siri interface may not was displayed as expected. (58685659)
Keyboard – New Features
- QuickType keyboard now supports predictive input for Arabic.
- QuickType keyboard now supports live conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin).  Keyboard now supports Swiss German layout for 12.9 "iPad layout.
Keyboard – Solved problems
- 12.9" iPad layouts for different languages now accurately match with the hardware keyboard layouts.
Location Services – New Features
- When an app always requests authorization for the first time after the device has previously been authorized while using the app, it The device immediately presents the location verification prompt. (57106235)
Photos & New Functions
- New shortcuts are available in Photos & # 39; s on iPadOS, which allow you to quickly navigate between tabs, search and create albums. In full-screen mode, you can also delete, duplicate, and open the Edit mode with a keyboard. (57195967)
Photos – Known Issues
- Photos may not be synchronized as expected with Apple Watch. (59324590)
RealityKit – Solved problems
- The loading methods generated by the code load Reality files. (58925510)
SwiftUI – New Functions
- When using a NavigationView with multiple columns, the navigation bar now shows a control to switch between the columns. (49074511)
- The onDrag and onDrop modifications are now available on iOS. (49661347)
You can see how grim an update beta 2 is compared to the feature list of beta 1:
- 9 new Memoji stickers
- An update email toolbar with options for "Move" and " Flag " Developers can now sell iOS and macOS apps as a single purchase
- Sharing iCloud folders is back; Family Sharing integration is now supported in TV
- Third-party navigation and support for new call control in CarPlay
- Control Center on Home button iPhones is similar to the layout of Face ID devices, with network information in the top left corner and battery information in the upper right corner
- When an app that was previously authorized for "While using the app" asks location permission "Always", your iPhone will display the location verification prompt
- You can now create Shazam shortcuts
- new "Always listen to & # 39; Hey Siri & # 39;" option that will listen to commands even when your iPhone is face down or covered
- You see a new temporary VPN disabled icon in the status bar
- You can tell Siri to go to the home screen
- Apple Music lyrics identify instrumental sections with an omission sign
To download and install iOS 13.4 public beta 2, log in through Apple's beta site, download and install the configuration profile, and then update at air. If you already have the profile, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start installing the latest beta build, or you can wait for it to be installed automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Don't Miss It : All new features of iOS 13.4 You need to know about for iPhone