Apple released the latest version of its iPhone OS, iOS 14.6 today, Monday May 24. This latest update introduces new features such as unlocking your iPhone with voice control after a reboot, Apple Card Family support for up to five people, and support for subscriptions for shows in podcasts.
While iOS 14.6 introduces some new features and changes, it is nowhere near as significant an update as iOS 14.5. That update brought more than 60 cool features to the iPhone, including over 200 new emoji, support for PS5 and Xbox Series X controllers, and AirTag support, just to name a few.
Still, 14.6 is a remarkable update and you should download it as soon as possible. Check out Apple̵
Apple Card family
- Apple Card can be shared with up to five people, including anyone 13 or older in your Family Sharing group
- Apple Card Family adds support for families to track expenses, manage expenses with optional limits and controls, and build credit together
- Subscription support for channels and individual shows
AirTag and Find My
- Lost mode option to add email address instead of phone number for AirTag and Find My Network Accessories
- AirTag shows the owner’s partially masked phone number when tapped with an NFC compatible device
- Voice control users can unlock their iPhone for the first time after a reboot using just their voice
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Unlock with Apple Watch may not work after using Lock iPhone on Apple Watch
- Reminders can be displayed as blank lines
- Call blocking extensions may not appear in Settings
- Bluetooth devices could sometimes disconnect or send audio to another device during an active call
- IPhone performance may degrade during startup
For information about the security content of Apple software updates, visit this website: support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
This update comes just three days after Apple released the second RC for iOS 14.6.
How to download and install iOS 14.6 on your iPhone
To download iOS 14.6 on your iPhone, open Settings -> General -> Software Update. Wait for this page to load and follow the onscreen instructions to download and install iOS 14.6. If you have “Automatic Updates” turned on, you can just let your iPhone update overnight.
Keep your connection safe without a monthly bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix with no regional restrictions, increase security when browsing public networks and more.
Buy now (80% discount)>
Other worthwhile deals to check out: