When it comes to iOS beta updates, developers first get their updates, and as soon as they do, we public testers just play the waiting game. Sometimes Apple releases the public version three hours later, other times they wait 24 hours. It is a die almost every time. It looks like Apple has chosen to keep us waiting, because today's release of public beta 2 comes a day after developer beta 2.
Apple released this public beta update today, February 20 at 1:00 PM released. EST (10 am PST), 24 hours after the release of dev beta 2. In those 24 hours we had ample time to see what beta 2 actually has in store for us. The answer? Not much, but not a bit either.
Apple has added a series of new settings to the TV app. Under "Streaming options" you can choose whether you want to switch mobile data on or off. For mobile data you can choose between "Data saving" (up to 600 MB per hour) or "High quality", which Apple simply says it uses more data. You can choose the same options for Wi-Fi, but this time Data Saver goes up to 1
"Download Options" offers a similar set of options. You can choose whether or not to enable mobile data. For mobile data you can choose "Fast downloads" or "High quality", the latter of which takes longer. The same two options are also available under Wi-Fi settings. Below that you can choose to add new audio languages for download alongside your chosen shows. If your chosen language is not available for a particular show, Apple will switch to the default language instead.
] The Mail toolbar, which was upgraded in beta 1, now has a minor update in beta 2. The answer button replaces the flag button and the new message button replaces the old answer button space.
According to Apple's release notes, the QuickType keyboard supports predictive input for Arabic and live conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin). The update also resolves an issue where the Siri interface in CarPlay may not work as expected.
You can see the full release notes below:
The SDK of iOS and iPadOS 13.4 provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices with iOS and iPadOS 13.4. The SDK is supplied with Xcode 11.4, available via Beta Software Downloads. See Xcode 11.4 Beta 2 Release Notes for information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 11.4.
General – Known Issues
- After a user has viewed specific app settings and then returns to the Settings main page, the Settings app may quit unexpectedly. (59124369
- To install iOS 13.4 beta 2 using the Restore Image, first install Xcode 11.4 beta 2.
CarPlay – Resolved issues
- Resolved an issue where the Siri interface may not be displayed as expected (58685659)  Keyboard – New Features
- QuickType keyboard now supports predictive input for Arabic.
- QuickType keyboard now supports live conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin).
- Keyboard now supports the Swiss German layout for a 12.9-inch iPad layout.
Keyboard – Solved problems
- 12.9 "iPad layouts for different languages now accurately match the hardware keyboard layouts.
Location services – New functions
- When an app always requests authorization for the first time after being previously authorized for while using the app, the device immediately presents the location verification prompt. (57106235)
Photos – New Features
- New shortcuts are available in Photos on iPadOS, which allow you to quickly navigate between tabs, search and create albums. In full-screen mode, you can also delete, duplicate, and open the Edit mode with a keyboard. (57195967)
Photos – Known Issues
- Photos & # 39; s may not be synchronized as expected with Apple Watch. (59324590)
RealityKit – Solved problems
- The loading methods generated by the code load Reality files. (58925510)
SwiftUI – New Functions
- When using a NavigationView with multiple columns, the navigation bar now shows a control to switch between the columns. (49074511)
- The onDrag and onDrop modifications are now available on iOS. (49661347)
You can see how grim an update beta 2 is compared to the feature list of beta 1:
- 9 new Memoji stickers
- An update email toolbar with options for "Move" and " Flag " Developers can now sell iOS and macOS apps as a single purchase
- iCloud Folder sharing is back; Integration with Family Sharing is now supported in TV
- Third-party navigation and support for new call control in CarPlay
- Control Center on iPhones with Home button similar to the layout of Face ID devices, with network information in the top left corner and battery information in the upper right corner
- When an app previously authorized for "While using the app" asks for "Always" location permission, your iPhone will display the location verification prompt
- You can now create Shazam shortcuts
- A new "Always listen to & # 39; Hey Siri & # 39;" option that will listen to commands even when your iPhone is face down or covered
- You see a new temporary VPN icon disabled in the status bar
- You can tell Siri to go to the home screen
- Apple Music lyrics identify instrumental sections with an ellipse
To download and install iOS 13.4 public beta 2, log in via the Apple beta site, download and install the configuration profile, and then update at at over the sky. If you already have the profile, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start the installation of the latest beta build, or you can wait for it to be installed automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Don't miss it: All the new features of iOS 13.4 you need to know for iPhone