Apple’s first release candidate for the iOS 14.3 beta came out on December 8, but there must have been a serious bug in the system as iOS 14.3 RC 2 followed it just two days later on December 10. These builds highlight everything you should expect to see on the stable version very soon.
There is support for App Clip Codes scanning, the newly announced AirPods Max, Apple Fitness +, Apple ProRAW for the iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max, and Ecosia as a default search engine in Safari, just to name a few of the big items. to mention.
The first iOS 14.3 RC, which came out on December 8 to both developers and public beta testers, means that iOS 1
To give us a better idea of when exactly that will be, we can look at the AirPods Max, which requires iOS 14.3. While many AirPods Max colors don’t ship for more than three months due to lack of availability, they will ship on December 15, according to the Apple Store, for those who were first in line to order a set. so expect the iOS 14.3 stable update to arrive on December 14th.
Aside from Apple’s premium over-the-ear headphones, there is access to Apple Fitness +, Apple’s new subscription service. You can use your Apple Watch to train at home, in addition to the new Fitness app for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. You receive new video workouts every week, so the routines never get old.
Apple Fitness + will launch on December 14, further adding credibility that Apple will likely release iOS 14.3 steadily on that day.
We also get app clip codes on iOS for the first time. App clips, which have been working since iOS 14.0, allow you to access app content without downloading the full app to your device. It’s perfect for quick tasks like ordering food or entering information, so you can get what to do without having to go to the App Store. What’s new is “Apple-designed App Clip Codes”, QR code-like images that can be scanned with your iPhone’s camera.
The iOS 14.3 update also introduces ProRAW for iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max, which allows you to take and edit photos in Apple’s own advanced RAW format.
Ecosia is now also a default search engine in Safari. While you could make Ecosia your default browser thanks to iOS 14, you couldn’t set it as your search engine, so searches always went to Google, Yahoo, Bing or DuckDuck Go when it comes to English search engines.
Release notes for iOS 14.3 RC
Apple Fitness +
- A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 and later)
- New fitness app on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to browse Fitness + workouts, trainers and personalized recommendations
- Video workouts are added every week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Running, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown
- Playlists curated by Fitness + trainers to complement your workout
- Fitness + subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States
- Support for AirPods Max, new over-ear headphones
- Hi-Fi audio for rich sound
- Adaptive EQ adjusts the sound in real time to the personal fit of ear cushions
- Active noise cancellation to block out ambient noise
- Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like listening experience
- Apple ProRAW photos can be taken on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app
- Option to record video at 25 fps
- Mirror the front camera for photos on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
- New privacy information section on App Store pages with a developer-reported summary of the app’s privacy practices
- An all-new Apple TV + tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original shows and movies
- Improved search so you can browse by category, such as genre, and see recent searches and suggestions as you type
- The best search results are displayed with the most relevant matches for movies, TV shows, cast, channels and sports
- Support for launching app clips by scanning Apple designed app clip codes through the camera or from the control center
- Ability to indicate pregnancy, breastfeeding, or birth control use in Cycle Tracking in the Health app to better manage menstrual and fertile predictions
- Air quality data is now available in Weather, Maps, and Siri for locations in mainland China
- Air quality health recommendations are provided in Weather and Siri for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico at certain air quality levels
- Air quality data in Weather, Maps and Siri reflects updated national scales for Germany and Mexico
- Ecosia search engine in Safari
This release also addresses the following issues:
- Some MMS messages may not be received
- Contact groups could not display members when composing a message
- Some videos are not displayed correctly when shared from the Photos app
- App folders may not be able to be opened
- Spotlight search results and opening apps from Spotlight may not work
- Bluetooth may not be available in Settings
- MagSafe Duo Charger can charge your iPhone wirelessly with less than maximum power
- Wireless accessories and peripherals using the WAC protocol may not complete the installation
- The keyboard would disappear when you add a list to Reminders while using VoiceOver
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information about the security content of Apple software updates, visit this website:
Apple released every RC update at 10 a.m. PDT, the company’s default release time for major software updates. This RC 2 update is for both iOS developers and public beta testers, so all iOS 14.3 beta users should see this update on their iPhones.
Release candidates act as a definitive release for beta software – if there are no bugs or major issues, the update will be pushed to the general public unchanged. However, if there are issues, Apple can go back to fix them, and it may even issue a second RC if there is time. That seems to be the case with iOS 14.3, but it is not known what bugs or issues were patched in the second RC.
The first RC update came six days after Apple released the third 14.3 developer and public betas, which didn’t offer any new user-centric features or changes. The RC 2 came two days after RC 1.
Keep your connection safe without a monthly bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix with no regional restrictions, increase security when browsing public networks and more.
Buy now (80% discount)>