Apple released the iOS 14.3 RC (release candidate) for iPhone today, Tuesday, December 8. The update adds support for App Clips, the newly announced AirPods Max, Apple Fitness +, Apple ProRAW for iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, Ecosia as the default search engine, and much more.
Apple released this update at 10 a.m. PDT, the company’s default release time for major software updates. This update is for iOS developers as well as public beta testers, so all users running the iOS 14.3 beta should see this update on their iPhones.
The RC acts as a final release for beta software ̵
The update comes six days after Apple released the third 14.3 developer and public betas, which didn’t offer any new user-centric features or changes. Unless Apple is adding new content with the RC, that could indicate that 14.3 is almost ready, and these next beta updates will only add bug fixes and stability patches before the software reaches the general public.
Release notes for iOS 14.3 RC
Apple Fitness +
- A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 and later)
- New fitness app on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to browse Fitness + workouts, trainers and personalized recommendations
- Video workouts are added every week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Running, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown
- Playlists curated by Fitness + trainers to complement your workout
- Fitness + subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States
- Support for AirPods Max, new over-ear headphones
- Hi-Fi audio for rich sound
- Adaptive EQ adjusts the sound in real time to the personal fit of ear cushions
- Active noise cancellation to block out ambient noise
- Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like listening experience
- Apple ProRAW photos can be taken on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app
- Option to record video at 25 fps
- Mirror the front camera for photos on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
- New privacy information section on App Store pages with a developer-reported summary of the app’s privacy practices
- An all-new Apple TV + tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original shows and movies
- Improved search so you can browse by category, such as genre, and see recent searches and suggestions as you type
- The best search results are displayed with the most relevant matches for movies, TV shows, cast, channels and sports
- Support for launching app clips by scanning Apple designed app clip codes through the camera or from the control center
- Ability to indicate pregnancy, breastfeeding, or birth control use in Cycle Tracking in the Health app to better manage menstrual and fertile predictions
- Air quality data is now available in Weather, Maps, and Siri for locations in mainland China
- Air quality health recommendations are provided in Weather and Siri for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico at certain air quality levels
- Air quality data in Weather, Maps and Siri reflects updated national scales for Germany and Mexico
- Ecosia search engine in Safari
This release also addresses the following issues:
- Some MMS messages may not be received
- Contact groups could not display members when composing a message
- Some videos are not displayed correctly when shared from the Photos app
- App folders may not be able to be opened
- Spotlight search results and opening apps from Spotlight may not work Bluetooth may not be available
- in Settings
- MagSafe Duo Charger can charge your iPhone wirelessly with less than maximum power
- Wireless accessories and peripherals using the WAC protocol may not complete the installation
- The keyboard would disappear when you add a list to Reminders while using VoiceOver
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information about the security content of Apple software updates, visit this website:
How to install the latest iOS 14.3 update on your iPhone
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.3 Developer RC, you must be a registered developer. You can use the recovery image for your iPhone available from the developer portal (install using iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile and then update over the air. If you already have the profile installed on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to install the latest beta version, or you can wait for it to install automatically if “Automatic Updates” is turned on.
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.3 public RC, sign up through Apple’s beta site, download and install the configuration profile, then update over the air. If you already have the profile, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start installing the latest beta version, or you can wait for it to install automatically if “Automatic Updates” is enabled.
Keep your connection safe without a monthly bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix with no regional restrictions, increase security when browsing public networks and more.
Buy now (80% discount)>