The short answer and the good news is that you can now easily watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast. This was not always the case and this guide would have been a complicated solution. Fortunately, Google and Amazon seem to have buried the hatchet, and the Prime Video Android app now has the cast button. You need to know:
Watching Amazon Prime video on a Chromecast
From a smartphone or tablet
This post assumes you have a Chromecast connected to a TV and have already set it up. If not, check out our guide on how to set up a Chromecast with any platform. You also need an Amazon Prime or Prime Video subscription.
- Make sure the Amazon Prime Video app on your phone is updated. The update that introduced the ability to cast to a Chromecast was available in the Google Play Store from July 9, 2019.
- When you first open the app after the update, you will see a short introduction and how. to start casting from your phone.
- You will now see a large cast icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the icon and select the Chromecast device you want to connect to.
- Now select the movie or TV show you want to watch and enjoy it on your television screen.
- Please note that the Cast icon is different from the & # 39; View to & # 39; button. you may see under a video selection. This button is for viewing content on a Fire TV device. To connect to a Chromecast, the button is located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
From a PC
You must download and install the Google Chrome browser to cast Prime Video from your PC to a Chromecast PC.
- Open the Prime Video website on Google Chrome.
- Select a movie or TV show you want to watch and press play.
- Pause it and make sure you don't switch to full screen.  In the browser, click the three vertical dots in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Click "Cast …" and select the Chromecast you want to connect to.
- The laptop screen is now mirrored on your television.
And it's that easy to view Amazon Prime on your Chromecast. Any questions? Sound off in the comments.