One of the first things to do when purchasing a new Chromebook is to change it by changing the background. It's so easy that anyone could do it – and it only takes a minute or two. You can use a custom Chromebook wallpaper or choose one of the wallpapers already available on the device. Here's how to do it.
See also: Buying guide: What is a Chromebook, what can and cannot it?
How to Set a Custom Chromebook Wallpaper
The first step is to make sure that the image you want to use as your Chromebook wallpaper is saved on the device. If not, find a great wallpaper online and download it to your Chromebook.
Read next: Take a screenshot on Chromebook
When that is resolved, click the round Launcher icon in the bottom left corner. corner of your screen, then expand the window by clicking the up arrow – as shown in the screenshot above. Find and open "Files", click "Downloads" and find the image you want to use as your Chromebook background. Then right click on the image, select the "Set Background" option and you are done.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Changing the Background on Chromebook (Custom Backgrounds):
- Download an image to use as your Chromebook background from the Internet.
- Click the round Launcher icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on the up arrow .  Search and open files.
- Click Downloads and locate the image you want to use as your Chromebook background.
- Right click on the image and select the Set the background option .
Choose a pre-installed Chromebook background
A pre-installed Chromebook background is even easier and faster than choosing a custom background. Start by right-clicking on your desktop (here's how to right-click if you don't know) and the & # 39; Set wallpaper & # 39; option Selecting. Then click on an image you like to set it as your wallpaper. If you don't know which one to use, check the box next to & # 39; Surprise me & # 39; and your device will choose a wallpaper for you and show you a new one every now and then.
Step-by-step instructions on how to change the background on Chromebook (default backgrounds):
- Right-click on your desktop and select the Set Background option.
- Click an image to set as your Chromebook background.
- You can also check the box next to Surprise me and your device will choose the background for you.
Synchronize your background on Chromebook devices
You can synchronize your Chromebook background (as well as settings) on multiple Chrome OS devices. This ensures that you already have your background when you log into a Chromebook with your Google account.
- Select the section Time / Account in the bottom right corner.
- Select the gear icon to enter the settings.
- Search the section People .
- Select Synchronization and Google services .
- Choose Manage synchronization ].
- Select what you want to synchronize or choose Synchronize all .
There you have it – this is how you can change the background on your Chromebook. Do you usually stick with pre-installed wallpapers or opt for custom wallpapers? Let us know in the comments!
More Chromebook content