Microsoft consoles have always been delivered to consumers with the best game controllers, and the Xbox One is no different. Less subtle revision of the Xbox 360 gamepad and more refinement, thanks to Microsoft's subtle changes to the Xbox One controller, it is arguably the best option for all types of games – so much so that it is hardly revised for the Xbox X series. system.
Do you play on a PC and long for something other than a mouse and keyboard? Maybe you want to try SteamOS? We have good news: the Xbox One controller supports Windows PC and setup takes only a few minutes. With the official Microsoft & # 39; s driver, any Xbox One controller can work with PC games that have controller support.
How to connect an Xbox One controller to a PC
To help you play all your favorite PC games with you favorite Xbox One controller, we have put together this simple step-by-step walkthrough. Before we start, you need to know that there are three ways to do this: USB, wireless, or Bluetooth. Also make sure that your controller is updated with the latest firmware.
You may also like this How to connect a PS4 controller to a PC
and How to connect Nintendo Switch controllers to a PC
Connect your Xbox One-controller connected via USB
Step 1: Use a micro-USB cable to connect your Xbox One controller to your PC. If you have a wireless controller, simply use your charging cable. If you have a wired controller, you can simply connect it as you would with your console.
Operating system-specific limitations
Windows 10: You can have eight controllers connected at the same time. With connected chat headsets that number drops to four and with stereo headsets it drops to two.
Windows 7/8: You can only connect four controllers at a time. No headset support.
Connect your Xbox One controller wirelessly
- Step 1: Purchase the ($ 25).
- Step 2: Connect the Xbox Wireless Adapter to an open USB port on your PC. Complete the installation process for the adapter as described here.
- Step 3: Press the Guide button (Xbox logo) on your controller to turn it on.
- Step 4: Press the synchronization button on the top of the controller until the Xbox logo starts blinking (this is the small button to the right of LB).
- Step 5: Press the small synchronization button on the adapter. As soon as the Xbox logo on the controller stops flashing and becomes stable, you can go.
Connect your Xbox One controller via Bluetooth
Some Xbox One controllers support Bluetooth for wireless connection. To see if your controller does that, look at the plastic around the Xbox logo. Is it part of the face of the controller? If yes, then it has Bluetooth. But if the plastic around the logo matches and leads to the triggers / bumpers, it does not support Bluetooth. Bluetooth-compatible Xbox One controllers are bundled with the Xbox One S and have since been sold. So if you bought a new controller after August 2016, chances are that it has Bluetooth. View the images below as an example.
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings on your PC and click on Devices [ Step Step Step Step Step [19459009Step] [19459009Step] [19459009Step] [19459009Step]  Step [Devices]: Click on the option Bluetooth settings to check whether your Bluetooth is switched on. Stay in this menu.
- Step 3: Press the Guide button and then the synchronization button on your controller. The logo starts blinking.
- Step 4: On your PC, select Add Bluetooth or another device and click on Bluetooth . This tells your PC to search for your controller.
- Step 5: Once it appears, choose Xbox Wireless Controller to complete the pairing process.
Recommendations from the editors