Over the years, Apple transferred more and more responsibility to the MacOS version of iTunes until the app appeared to be in charge of all your MacOS entertainment needs. Mac users will be much better served in Catalina, which uses the iOS approach to allow different apps to perform separate tasks.
Although Apple has split iTunes into three apps, the switch to Catalina does not have to be shocking. This is what you need to know about breaking up iTunes in MacOS Catalina.
Getting started with the new Apple Music app
Apple & # 39; s made it quite easy to switch from iTunes to the new music service in Catalina. For example, music purchased from iTunes or imported from elsewhere is available in the new Apple Music app.
Similarly, music playlists that you created in iTunes are already displayed in the new app – you don't have to transfer anything. iTunes gift cards and credit still work and you still buy music through the iTunes Store. Follow the steps below to start listening to music.
1. Tap the Music app in the Dock to open it.
2. When prompted, use your Apple ID and password to log into the iTunes Store.
3. Tap the button Start listening and the Music app will retrieve your iTunes playlists – both the ones you've built and the smart ones iTunes has for you made.
4. If none of your music is displayed and you are syncing your music library with Apple Music or iTunes Match, tap the Show all music at the top of the Music app. You can also choose the option All music from the menu View to view all your songs.
Use the iTunes Store
Although music is new, the iTunes Store is pretty much the same.
1. In the Music app on the left side of the Music sidebar and tap iTunes Store .
2. You should look familiar to Apple's music store, with new music in the center of the app window, graphs on the right, and music you might find interesting at the bottom.
Sign up for Apple Music
If you are interested, you can also sign up for Apple Music – Apple's music streaming service of the same name with a subscription.
1. In the top left sidebar, tap For You to view Apple Music, which allows you to stream songs, listen to composite playlists, and tune into radio stations.
2. Tap Try it now to start a free three-month trial. After the trial, Apple Music costs $ 9.99 per month. Once you have registered, set a calendar reminder so that you will not be charged after 90 days if you decide to go back.
If you are looking for the movies and TV shows that you previously saved in Catalina, they are now in the Apple TV app. Audiobooks are in the Apple Books app and podcasts in the Apple Books app. For more information about Catalina, here is.