The change will keep your YouTube name and content separate from your Google services, such asand Google Docs. That way, if you need to send an email for school or work, your real name will be displayed, not your YouTube name.
Important Note: If you are verified on YouTube and change your channel name, you will lose your verification badge and will have to log in again. But it won’t affect your custom URL or official channel music comment if you change your name.
Here’s how to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture without updating your Google account name, both on mobile and desktop.
How to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture on mobile
1. Open the YouTube app and tap your profile picture.
2. Crane Your channel> Edit channel.
3. To change your name, enter your updated name and tap OK.
4. To change your profile photo, tap your photo and select an existing photo or take a new one. Crane Save.
How to change your YouTube channel name and profile picture on your desktop
1. Log in to YouTube Studio.
2. To change your name: Select from the left menu Personalization> Basic Information. Click Edit to update your channel name and enter your new name. Click To publish.
3. To change your profile picture: Select from the left menu Customization> Branding. Click upload and select an image. Resize your photo and click Done. Click To publish.
For more information, check out our guide, and . We also have guides , On and further .