The updates allow you to customize your Facebook news feed and let you choose friends whose posts you want to prioritize. You can also switch between the usual feed (which is determined by an algorithm) and one that is sorted chronologically, with the latest posts at the top. Finally, you can control who can comment on a public post from a menu of options ranging from everyone to just the people or pages you tag.
Here’s how to change your Facebook settings to fine-tune the way the site works for you.
How to Control What to See on Your Facebook News Feed
Here’s how to use Facebook’s new settings, according to the Help Center:
1. On your desktop, click the down arrow in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Select Settings and privacy> News feed preferences
From there you can select the following:
- Manage favorites, to choose the people and pages you want to prioritize, meaning their posts will appear higher in your news feed. Some friends and pages are already prioritized based on information such as your past interactions. You can add up to 30 friends and pages to your favorites.
- Unfollow, to select which people, pages, or groups you want to stop seeing posts from (even though you are still their Facebook friend, like the page, or belong to the group).
- Reconnect, to retrace a person, page, or group that you unfollowed in the past.
- Snooze, which lets you restart, stop, or add more time to the people, pages, or groups you’ve “snoozed” for 30 days.
How to view your news feed chronologically rather than based on Facebook’s picks
Go to your feed to temporarily see the most recent posts in your Facebook news feed. Click in the left menu view moreClick Most recentTo go back, reload the page.
This feature is now available on desktop and Android devices and will roll out to iOS devices in the coming weeks, according to Facebook.
How to Control Who Responds to Your Facebook Posts
To change who can comment on your public posts, do the following:
1. On the desktop, click the down arrow in the top right corner of your Facebook page.
2. Select Settings and privacy> SettingsClick in the left menu Public posts
3. Go to Who can follow meand make sure Public is selected, not Friends.
4. Next to Public comments on posts, click Editand select who can comment on your public posts: Public (anyone, even people who don’t follow you), Friends (only your Facebook friends, those tagged in the post and their friends), Friends of friends (all your friends and all their friends),
You can also choose who can reply to individual public posts on your profile. Here’s how:
1. Go to the public post on your profile and click on the three dots icon at the top right of the post.
2. Click Who can reply to your message? And select who can comment on this individual post: Public, Friends or Profiles and Pages you mention. If a profile or page isn’t part of the selected comment audience, they won’t see the comment icon below the post, but they’ll see that you’re limited who can comment on the post (this is similar to
Look for more information, and