No, this doesn’t mean you should drop everything and fully invest in one of these companies. Some call theand the stock price is likely to fall as the buzz dies away. In fact, broker TD Ameritrade Wednesday in response to the runaway growth.
If you decide to dive into the stock market – and we don’t advise you in either direction – here are some, and a little .
Part of what’s so unusual about the GameStop stock spike is the vocabulary used to drive the trading action.
Here’s a sample and what the terms mean:
- Stonks: An intentional spelling mistake of stocks. Sometimes Meme Man appears when used in a meme (see below).
- Diamond hands: When a trader is willing to hold his shares or securities for a long time.
- Missiles: If someone wants a stock price to skyrocket.
- Hold the line: Holding onto a stock even if it declines in value.
- “We love the stock”: A meme used for a currently trending stock.
There is more information on this. Here is also and . Plus, check out the funniest .