There is also a side chat bar where you and your friends can discuss what's going on in the movie, just like you would if you were on the couch together.
Netflix Party helps to reduce thethat we have all faced in this reality. Read on to download, install and use the Netflix Party extension to sync watching movies with family and friends. And here is as well as tips on how to stay during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make sure everyone in your group has a Netflix account
For this to work, anyone sending you an invitation must have access to Netflix. If they don't have an account, Netflix offers a free 30-day trial for new subscribers. If they are not new subscribers, they can reactivate their account for $ 9 per month and cancel at any time. You can also share your Netflix account with two to four other family members, depending on which plan you have.
Download the Google extension
After everyone logs into Netflix on their computer, they must download the Netflix Party extension. Here's how.
1. Visit netflixparty.com in your Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Download Netflix Party free .
3. You will be redirected to the Google Chrome web store page to download the extension. Click on Add to Chrome .
4. A pop-up window opens. Select Add extension . You will now see a gray NP icon in your browser toolbar.
Start watching movies with friends
Now that you have downloaded the extension, you can start watching programs and movies with your friends and family. Here's how to get started.
1. Open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser and sign in to Netflix.
2. Find a program or movie you want to watch and click on it.
3. You will now see the icon NP (Netflix Party) changed from gray to red. Click on the icon and select Start the party . You will become the host, so you can select the option to be the only controller to pause and play the show, or let anyone take control.
4. Copy the URL from the pop-up window and send it to anyone you want to invite to the group.
5. The chat room appears on the right side of the screen. From there, you can see when someone is joining the party.
6. Now you can laugh, cry and cry with your family and friends, and feel a little less alone.
More things to do in this age of social distance? Here'sthe and .
Our new reality now that the coronavirus has sent the world online