Your avatar can also be used instead of your Facebook profile picture and can be used in text messages on your phone. You can also send the avatar stickers in apps like Snapchat, Twitter, Mail and Instagram.
Here's how to create your own Facebook avatar on your iPhone ($ 699 at Apple) or .
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone and tap the hamburger menu (three stacked lines). It can be in the bottom right corner for iPhone and in the top right corner for Android.
2. Scroll down and tap See More .
3. Select Avatars .
4. Tap Next and then Getting Started .
5. Select your preferred skin color (there are 27 options) and tap Next .
6. You will then be instructed to choose a hairstyle for your avatar. You can select Short Medium or Long for different styles. After making your choice, tap the Color icon.
7. Next, proceed to your avatar's Face icon, where you can select the face shape, complexion and facial lines.
8. After adjusting the face, tap the eye icon . Select an eye shape, color and eyelash length. Then go to the icon Eyebrows and select the shape and color of the eyebrows. You can also add glasses.
9. Now it is time to adjust the nose and mouth. Select your nose shape and then continue with your lip shape. You can also add a lip color and facial hair.
10. Then select a body shape. Once you have done this, you can choose an outfit that you like the most. You can also choose to add a hat, scarf or cat ears to your avatar's outfit.
11. When you're done customizing your avatar, tap the check mark in the top right corner. Tap Next and then Done .
If you want to use it, you can open the avatar you created by tapping on the smiley face icon in Write a comment section of Facebook.
That's it! Now you have a Facebook avatar that you can share with your friends.