We will explain how to use Get My Payment, including the details you should have on hand before you start.
For more information about stimulus checks, do the following if you think. In addition, these are the final details on a and . We update this story often.
What to do before using the Get My Payment tool
- . The tool asks for your social security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), your date of birth, your address and your zip code or zip code.
- The IRS sends payments on a schedule. Think of it as batches of payments sent at once, rather than individually. With the & # 39; Get my payment & # 39; you can hurry up your scheduled date.
- The IRS updates status record information once a day.
- You will receive a letter about the amount you received and how you received it about fifteen days after the IRS made your payment.
After using the IRS tracker, you can also sign up for a free post office service that tells you.
Tracking the Status and Arrival of Your IRS Stimulus Check
If you are eligible for a check, you can track your payment schedule with the IRS through the Get My Payment web portal. Some people have reported problems using the portal, and the IRS said the Get My Payment app has been significantly improved to help you set and track the date of your stimulus payment.
1. Go to the IRS 'Get My Payment page and tap the blue Get My Payment button to view the status of your payment economic impact.
2. On the next Authorized Use page, tap OK .
3. Now enter your SSN or ITIN, your date of birth, your address and your zip code or postcode on the Get My Payment page. Tap Continue .
On the next page, the portal shows your payment status, whether it is scheduled or the service cannot determine your status yet.
Is my status information correct and what if I get an error?
You may see confusing messages when using the status tool – so much so that the IRS explains general status messages in a FAQ. You may receive a message if, for example, it is impossible to determine whether you are eligible or if your payment status is not available. We are investigating it, but so far we have discovered a handful of.
You do not have to sign up to be eligible for promotional money
To receive the stimulus payment, you may have to file a tax return for  or 2019 if required. You can still do that now..
Seniors, social security recipients, railroad retirees, and other beneficiaries who typically do not have to file a tax return do not have to ask to receive a payment.
Again, the service will send a letter to a taxpayer's last known address within 15 days of sending the payment. The letter provides information on when and how the payment was made, and how to report to the IRS if you have not received your check.
Can I find out if my check has been sent by post?
The IRS's deadline to filepassed on May 13. If you have not set up your account, you will most likely receive your check by post.
Although most people will receive a paper check, the Treasury Department said that 4 million people will instead receive an economic impact payment, or EIP, a prepaid debit card (and from the first week of June it said these payments are done ). We asked the US Treasury to clarify who gets a check and who gets a bank card.
Have you tried the US Mail Service email tracking app?
Here's another way to track your check by mail.
If you wait for yourto arrive by mail – as a paper check or prepaid debit card – the US Postal Service has a free app that can notify you when it is about to deliver your letter from the IRS. Called Informed Delivery, the mail tracking service automatically scans your letters and can notify you when they are delivered. Learn more about to track your payment.
For more information, here is. And here's everything you need to know about the .