In September, Tile, the company that helps you find your missing items by tagging with Bluetooth, announced that you can soon ask Google Assistant to help you find your Tile-linked items without saying "Hey Google, ask Tile" every time you make a request. That integration is now there, so we've put together a short guide on how you can use it to find your items – and we've also gathered some information about using Alexa with Tile.
First you have to set the tile with Google Assistant. To do that:
- If you have a tile, open the Google Home app, tap "Add" and tap "Set up device"
- On the "Set up" page, search for "Works with Google. " "Tap the option" Has something already been set? ”
- Look under“ Add new ”for Tegel (there is a long list there, so you should probably use the search box at the top), and then you will be asked to enter your Tile login data
- Once you are logged in , assuming you have already linked your Tile to an object using the Tile app (for example, your keys), you can ask Google Assistant two types of questions about your Tile, according to a Tile support document
- If you want your Tile to go, making it easier to find in your sofa cushions, ask Google Assistant: "Hey Google, call my keys", or "Hey Google, let my keys be called"
- If you want Google Assistant to tell you the location of your tile, ask Google Assistant: "Hey Google, where are my keys" or "Hey Google, find my keys." Google Assistant will then tell you something like: "Your keys were last seen at 4 p.m. near Home."
How to set up Tile with Alexa:
- Open the Alexa app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner and tap "Skills & Games" ”
- There must be a search bar or magnifying glass at the top of the page, look for & # 39; Tile & # 39 ;, choose the Tile skill from the search results and tap & # 39; Enable & # 39 ;.
- Then enter your Tile account information to log in.
- When you ask Alexa for your Tiles, you still have to say: & # 39; Alexa, ask Tile for … & # 39; every time you make a request, but otherwise the commands are similar to those for Google Assistant, according to a Tile support document.
- If you want your Tile to ring, ask Alexa , "Alexa, ask Tile to call my keys" or "Alexa, ask Tile to find my keys"
Vox Media has affiliate p partnerships. These do not affect editorial content, although Vox Media can earn commissions for products purchased through affiliate links. See our ethical policy for more information.