If you are buying an Android smartphone, a PC or a Chromebook, you probably want to view Google's Chrome web browser. One of the first things you may want to do is set a homepage in Chrome. Many, perhaps, most people, want the Google main page to be their homepage for their browser. It offers a direct way to search for everything you want. It also has some nice extra features, such as weather forecasts and more.
"But how do I make Google my homepage on Chrome?" Good question, and that is exactly what we will reveal in this short article. As you can imagine, it's actually quite easy to have Google as the first webpage you see when you open a new Chrome tab.
Make Google my homepage on Android – how to set it
- After opening Chrome, tap the browser's menu icon, located at the top right of the app.
- You then want to scroll down and tap the Settings option.
- Then select the "Home" option in Settings.
- After checking that "Home" is enabled, tap "Open this page"
- Finally, just type the & # 39; www.google.com & # 39; URL in that section and you are done. The Google main page should now be set as your Chrome homepage on your Android phone.
Make Google my homepage on PC – how to set this up
If you have downloaded the Chrome browser on your PC, or if you have purchased a Chromebook, the way to set Chrome if your homepage is the same .
- Start Chrome and move your cursor to the menu icon. top right in the app.
- Scroll down and click on the Settings option.
- You will then be taken to an internal web page, chrome: / / settings /. Scroll down to the "At startup" selection and click on the "Open a specific page or page set" option.
- You should then see a new selection: "Add a new page". Click on that option.
- You should see the "Add a new page" selection appear, with the "Site URL" option to type. Just type in the "http://www.google.com" URL in that section and then click on the "Add" button. You should be ready. The next time you launch Chrome, Google should appear as your homepage.
This is how you make Google your homepage with Chrome. Please note that these procedures are not limited to the Google site only. If you want to use a different webpage as your Chrome homepage, just type the correct URL as described in the last part of both tutorials, and this should be set as your Chrome homepage.