Social media have made it easier than ever for us to connect with our friends and family. However, it is also a breeding ground for trolls and nobody wants unnecessary negativity in their lives. So how do you stand above everything and block the trolls that bothers you?
Read on and we'll tell you how to block and unblock WhatsApp people. We also have some exciting tips for dealing with strangers or unknown numbers in this popular messaging app.
How to block a contact
- Under Settings tap Account> Privacy> Blocked contacts .
- Tap the button Add new and find the contact you want to block from your contact list, then tap the contact and tap Block via the three-dot menu at the top right of the screen.
- You can also open a chat with the contact and tap the contact's name to block it.
- Tap Block or Report and block .
- From the main screen, tap Settings> Account> Privacy .
- At the bottom of the screen you will find the Blocked button .
- Tap the Blocked button and then tap the Add New button to list your contacts.
- Tap the contact that you want to block.
- That person appears on the Blocked page. You can add another person, but when you're done, tap the name again and you'll be taken to their information page.
Other blocking procedures
There are several ways to block an unknown phone number, some of which are suspected of spam. If this is the first interaction you have had with this number, you can open the chat and tap Block> Block . Or start a chat with the unknown party and then tap on the telephone number> Block contact> Block or Report and block .
Reporting and blocking is more serious than the simple block action. When you report and block, the WhatsApp database is notified so that contact is added to a list of reported and blocked contacts.
If you receive a text in WhatsApp from an unknown number that is not stored on your phone, you can report and block it so that you will never receive messages from that number again. If someone you don't know sends you spam, the Report and Block feature will stop them from sending you unwanted messages and WhatsApp can ban them.
How to unblock
It is easy to block someone on WhatsApp, and it is just as easy to unblock them. A common way is to tap on the blocked contact and chat with them. You will then see a prompt to unblock them. You can also reverse the block process.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen and then tap Unblock .
- Tap or tap the name of the contact you want to unblock and tap Unblock of the pop-up alert.
- Go to the screen Blocked contacts .
- Tap Edit and then the red dot to Unblock or simply swipe to the left and tap the Unblock .
- Navigate to your blocked contact via the Settings> Account> Privacy> Blocked .
- Tap the name, scroll all the way down in the Contact Info panel, and tap Unblock Contact .
Blocking contacts temporarily or permanently can prevent bullying, abuse or simply unwanted contact with people with whom you do not want to chat for a certain period of time. The report function can help reduce spam throughout the service. Blocking does not have to be forever and you can easily give a blocked person a second chance whenever you want.