You may have seen the videos all over social media of people bursting into tears as they watched their loved ones come to life in old photos. Using an app from genealogy company MyHeritage and a feature called Deep Nostalgia, they can turn headshots into short, animated clips that show the people in them moving and blinking. In the first 48 hours after the tool launched late last month, MyHeritage said more than 1
In addition to family members, people have also enjoyed bringing historical figures to life, including Albert Einstein and the Beatles.
Here’s how to animate your own photos.
- First, download the free MyHeritage app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Then open the app and click photos at the bottom of the landing page.
- Tap the plus icon in the lower right corner. Select Add photos.
- Choose the photo you want to upload. Then press the check mark in the top right corner. Last Strike Upload.
- You will see your image appear in the Photos tab, which will display all the images you have uploaded. Click on the image you want to animate.
- At the top left of your screen, you will see a small circle icon with three lines below it. Click on it and MyHeritage will work its magic.
- Done! You will see the person in the image you uploaded move their head and look around. You can use the Parts button at the top to post the animation on social media or send it to friends and family.
If you can get over the mild creepiness of this Deep Nostalgia feature, it’s a really cool way to add a touch of life to still images and feel like someone is getting ready to pose for a photo. We stay tight untilcan also find a way to make people talk in pictures so that we bring the full Harry Potter experience to life.