If you were an early Google Stadium user who purchased the founder edition in November 2019 and immediately activated your service, your free three-month trial period of Stadia Pro will soon end. And depending on when your Buddy Pass is activated, it may also expire soon.
Unless you want to pay $ 10 a month to maintain it, you may want to cancel it. But here is a question that comes to mind: "What will happen to my games?"
The answer, like all things related to the current business model of Stages, is a bit complicated. If you choose not to renew your Stadia Pro subscription when the trial period expires:
- You lose access to all games that you claimed for free while you were a member
- You can continue to play all the games that you bought outright [1
That makes sense – the games you bought with real money are not stuck behind the $ 10 per month payment wall and the & # 39; free "Games work the same way as PS Plus and Xbox Live Gold today.
Google also tells De Verge that Expired Stages Pro subscribers" have access to the Stages store to buy extra games. "Google wants you to continue to use and pay for Stadia in one way or another. However, discounts on new games are an exclusive benefit for Stadia Pro members.
So if you decide to cancel, you are effectively one of the first to try Google's free layer of Stages cloud streaming.According to Google's support documentation for Stages, your claimed games and their storage data are waiting for you in the cloud when you Decides to subscribe again, but this does not mean that Stages is still open to everyone – according to Google, Stages will launch Base & # 39; in the coming months, and that is when non-paying players can try it out for the first time, provided that you have the correct hardware, an internet connection and live in the US or Europe.
This message will guide you through the steps to prevent your account from being charged via your Chrome browser or via the Stadia telephone app.
Cancel from Chrome
- Go to stadia.google.com and click on your avatar in the top right corner of the Chrome browser screen.
- Click "Stage Settings" in the drop-down menu.
- Then click on "Purchases and subscriptions."
- On the next screen you will of course see your purchases and subscriptions. To unsubscribe from Stadia Pro, click & # 39; Unsubscribe & # 39 ;.
Canceling via the Stages app
- As soon as you open the Stages app, tap the avatar in the top right corner of your phone's display.
- Click on "Purchases" on the settings screen that appears.
- Then tap "Unsubscribe" under the Stages Pro box.
Vox Media has affiliated partnerships. These do not affect editorial content, although Vox Media can earn commissions for products purchased through affiliate links. See our ethical policy for more information.