Wondering how to change languages on Facebook? Here's how to change the language on Facebook in less time than it takes to restart your phone. It's easy and fast, and Facebook has just about any language you want, from English variants to Spanish, German, French, Arabic, Mandarin, Portuguese, eight Indian languages, and more.
Sometimes you want to fix an accidental language change, or just make a change to try to learn a language, or help someone else switch to their native language. Whatever your reasons, it can be done in seven or fewer clicks.
Here's everything you need to do to change your language on Facebook, and while this is in English, you can follow the same instructions and icons to switch to another language, or English if you need it.
Change the language on the Facebook mobile app (Android or iOS):
- Open the app and click on the menu button at the top right. (It should look like three short horizontal lines stacked on top of each other, and is known as the hamburger menu.)
- Scroll down to Settings and Privacy (⚙️).
- You will see a list of Settings, Your time on Facebook and Language (🌐). Hit Language (🌐)
- Choose your language . If you have given Facebook location access, you will see common languages in your area, instead of a list of languages in alphabetical order.
- There is no button 'Save': one tap on a language, and you change your language .
- It is important that Facebook then reloads automatically. Ready!
Optional: To go back, you have to go through the options again.
Change language on Facebook desktop or browser on facebook.com:%19659015faceface language 2 "width =" 627 "height =" 675 "srcset =" https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads /2020/05/facebook-language-2-627×675.jpg 627w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook-language-2-300×323.jpg 300w, https: / /cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook-language-2-768×826.jpg 768w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook- language-2-16×16.jpg 16w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook-language-2-30×32.jpg 30w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/ wp-content / uploads / 2020/05 / facebook-language-2-26×28.jpg 26w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook-language-2-52×56.jpg 52w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook-language-2-59×64.jpg 59w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020 / 05 / facebook-language-2-10 00×1076.jpg 1000w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook-language-2-1200×1291.jpg 1200w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/ uploads / 2020/05 / facebook-language-2-186×200.jpg 186w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook-language-2-675×726.jpg 675w, https: //cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/facebook-language-2.jpg 1385w "sizes =" (max-width: 627px) 100vw, 627px "data-attachment-id =" 1119187 " data-test-source_title = "" data-test-credit = "" />
- Open Facebook and click the small drop-down arrow button at the top right (🔽)
- Press Settings and Privacy (⚙️).
- You I see a list of settings, privacy check and language (🌐). Hit Language (🌐).
- Choose your language . The languages are listed in alphabetical order.
- Hit save . Facebook will reload and you will be taken back to your Facebook homepage.
- To return, you have to go through the options again.
That's all! You have now changed your Facebook language.
Finally, Facebook still has at least one nice language option that you can still change to that unexpected: reverse English (English (uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩)). All this you just want to know a good language trick!
Related: Best Facebook Apps