The personal meeting ID (PMI) of your Zoom account should only be used for private meetings. If it's shared enough, uninvited people can zoom in on your personal Zoom calls with the said ID. Here's how to change your PMI in Zoom.
What is a Zoom Personal Meeting ID (PMI)?
Each Zoom user has their own unique PMI, a ten-digit number assigned to you when you create your account. Basically, this is your own Zoom room. For security reasons, you should never use your PMI for business or scheduled meetings. To do this, you must use a Zoom meeting ID ̵
- Personal Meeting ID: 10-digit number for personal meetings only
- Zoom Meeting ID: Nine-digit number for business meetings
Change your zoom ID for personal meetings
Open the web browser of your preference and open your Zoom account. Once you have logged in, you will be in the & # 39; Profile & # 39; tab.
Your PMI becomes the second option on the page, directly below your name and account number. For security reasons, only the last three digits of your PMI are displayed. Click the "View" button to see what your current PMI is.
To edit your PMI, click the "Edit" button on the right side of the window.
You can now change your PMI by entering the desired numbers in the text box. You also have the option to use the PMI for instant meetings, but you probably should not check this box. When you are done, click on the & # 39; Save Changes & # 39; button.
A message will appear at the top of the window confirming whether you have successfully changed your PMI.
Treat your PMI Like a Password
If someone gets your PMI, but cannot access your account information, change your PMI. You have to treat it like a password. That is, do not use a PMI string that is easy to guess. In fact, Zoom itself will prevent you from using specific strings for your PMI.
Your PMI should not:
- Start with a 0 or 1
- Use these toll-free prefixes for numbers: 800, 400, 888, 887, 877, 866, 855, 850, 803, 804, 807, 808 , 809, 660, 508, 900, 200, 300, 500, 600, 700
- Repeat 3-digit groups such as: 828 828 828x or 555 666 777x
- Use the same numbers: 333 333 3333
- Use a number more than five times in a row: 777 77x xxxx
- Use sequence numbers: 234 567 8901
- Use existing meeting IDs  But if anyone gets hold of your Zoom account's PMI at least now how to change it in the future.