Cookies are usually delicious treats, but web cookies are sometimes less than delicious. These small files are hidden on your computer so that your browser and websites can follow your browsing sessions and save certain useful information, such as account names and passwords, for later use. Although cookies generally seem harmless, they can threaten your privacy if an attacker attempts to use them maliciously.
Because of that threat, most modern browsers make cookie storage easy to understand and manage. They also make it easy to delete individual website cookies, or even to delete cookies completely from your computer. Here's how you can perform the final task in some of the most popular browsers.
How to delete cookies in Chrome
2. Make a selection for which browsing data you want to delete . If it is only cookie data, disable the other two options (see screen on the right).
3. Click the Advanced tab to select a date range to clear the browsing data.
4. To manage cookie data, visit Chrome & # 39; s Settings> Advanced> Site Settings> Cookie s, where you can make more nuanced decisions about how cookie data is stored (or not), including making Blocking and Allowing lists for certain sites.
How to delete cookies in Firefox
1. Make sure you are using the latest version of the Firefox browser and then select the menu Firefox . From there, select Options and then Privacy and security .
2. Scroll to the section on Cookies and site data where you can select the Clear data option to delete all cookies.
3. You can also choose the option to Manage data to view a complete list of your stored cookies that you can selectively delete or Delete all ; With the option Exceptions you can set lists to block or allow.
Deleting cookies in Safari
1. Open the Safari browser and then from the Safari menu go to Preferences> Privacy.
2. You are given the option to block all cookies .
3. Click on Manage website data to see a list of all sites that have stored cookies and manually choose which sites you want to delete cookies for, or Delete all .