Have you accidentally clicked a program on Amazon Prime Video that you are not interested in? Have you seen something embarrassing on a shared account and now you're inundated with even more humiliating recommendations? You can fix the situation by clearing your Amazon Prime Video history. Here are our step-by-step instructions.
How to Delete Amazon Prime Video History in Your Browser
Like Netflix, Prime Video stores your viewing history to improve recommendations. So if a show or movie you don't like has been showing up non-stop lately, it's time to erase similar items from your viewing history. Here's how you can do that through your browser:
- Go to the Amazon website and log into your Amazon Prime account.
- Hover over Accounts & Lists in the top right corner and select Your Prime Video from the drop-down menu.
- Once you are on the Prime Video page, click again in the right corner on Settings . You will be redirected to an Account and Settings page.
- Click the Watch History tab followed by View Watch History . All the films and series that you have recently watched are present. This includes videos you've watched on other devices like your smartphone, Fire TV and so on.
- To view a show or movie from your history, just click the Hide This link under the title. You can also choose to check the "I prefer not to use this for recommendations" option, which you will find on the right side of the screen, if you only care about accurate recommendations.
Unfortunately, there is no way to delete all your Amazon Prime video history at once through your browser. You must carefully remove item by item.
Delete search history in the Amazon Prime Video app
The Prime Video app does not have an option to view or delete your watch history. However, you can still delete your search history – we don't judge that! To do this in most versions of the Android app
- Open the Prime Video app.
- Tap the My Stuff ] option in the bottom right corner of the app
- Tap the Settings option (the gear icon) in the top right corner.
- Tap Clear video search history .
You don't have to do more!
These are our tips for clearing your Amazon Prime Video history. Have we helped you improve your recommendations? Let us know in the comments.