Samsung is going all-in on Bixby, its AI assistant sprinkled through all aspects of the Galaxy S9's operating system. The problem is, Bixby isn't for everyone, so it can get hard to really enjoy your new Galaxy if you're not a fan of Bixby. Luckily for you, after just following a few quick steps, you can completely disable Bixby on the Galaxy S9.
You can buy the Galaxy S9 from Amazon via the link below:
Don't miss: Samsung Galaxy S9 review: Top notch-less
Disable Bixby button
The Bixby button is located in an extremely uncomfortable place, directly below the volume keys on the left side of the Galaxy S9. If you're not all-in on Bixby, accidentally pressing this button becomes extremely annoying after about the fourth or fifth time. Fortunately, it's easy to turn off and can be done in just a few steps:
- open Bixby Home by swiping to the leftmost home screen of your Galaxy S9.
- Tap the command dial on the top of the screen.
- Tap the  switch at the top of the screen to prevent the Bixby button from opening Bixby Home when pressed.
That's all! Now you can press the Bixby button to your heart's content and nothing will happen. Do you feel good, don't you?
You should know that the Bixby button has two functions: a short press will start Bixby Home (which we just turned off) and a long press will start Bixby Voice. If you want to disable Bixby Voice, we have instructions below for you.
Disable Bixby Voice
For most people, Bixby Voice is probably the most useful Bixby feature. It's an easy way to ask your phone a simple question without unlocking your phone first. Some people are not big fans of Bixby Voice – Google Assistant is much more useful in certain scenarios – and luckily there is an easy way to disable it:
- Open Bixby Home by going to the leftmost home screen on your Galaxy S9 swipe
- Tap the three-dot menu button at the top of the screen.
- Tap settings .
- Scroll down until you see the option called Bixby Voice .
- Tap the switch to disable Bixby Voice.
You can re-enable Bixby Voice by performing steps one through four and then click the link again to turn Bixby Voice on.
Okay, you don't want that Bixby button to open Bixby, but that's a waste of a good button, right? Good news! A number of developers have created apps that allow you to remap the Bixby button to another app, such as Google Assistant. Follow this guide to learn how to remap the Bixby button.
Disable Bixby Home
It's hard to find a good reason to use Bixby Home. Bixby Home is the vertically scrolling list of content located on the left-most home screen. It is the list of content that you & # 39; useful & # 39; shows things like popular Facebook topics and random GIFs. Plus, despite the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus' powerful under-the-hood specs, swiping to Bixby Home still delays several seconds when it tries to open.
If you want to turn off Bixby Home, the instructions can be found below:
- Long press on an empty area (somewhere without icons or widgets) on the home screen of your Galaxy S9 to access the settings of your home screen .
- You can also pinch in with two fingers to get to this screen.
- Swipe to the leftmost home screen where you will find Bixby Home.
- Tap the switch at the top of the screen to turn off Bixby Home.
To re-enable Bixby Home, perform steps one and two again, then tap the switch to position.
That's it, folks – after following all the steps above, you should live a Bixby-free life. Do you have any tips or tricks for us that we missed? Let us know in the comments.