While both Signal and Telegram are now in the spotlight of how truly secure they are, the companies have begun to roll out ways to welcome the users and help the introduction.
Switching is never easy, be it a home, a mobile or even an app! It’s a whole new experience and the pain of acclamation is never easy. But there is a way you can easily move all your conversations (one by one) from WhatsApp to Telegram on iOS devices.
How to Export WhatsApp Chats to Telegram
Please note that this is only for iOS devices and does not work as a whole but for one call at a time.
- Open a chat conversation in WhatsApp that you want to export or move to Telegram.
- Go to Contact info
- Scroll down and select ‘Export Chat’
- Select an option, depending on whether you prefer Attach media or Without media.
- Once the app is ready, you will be given the option to select the target app. Select Telegram.
- After you authorize the Telegram app, you will be asked to accept the import in a conversation.
- Select the conversation you want to move the chats to
- Now wait while Telegram starts and completes the import.
There are a few things you should know ahead of time, it’s an iOS-only feature, both apps need to be updated earlier, and you can only move your chats one conversation at a time.
Once the import is complete, you will see that although each chat bubble has its time and stamp of the original date, it will show up as everything under “Today”, meaning everything loaded today.
So aside from this one negative aspect… and well, one chat at a time, and the only bit of iOS, you’re good to go.
If moving chats isn’t a high priority, but your privacy and security is, we’ve got a whole list of alternative messaging options from WhatsApp and Facebook.
Have you encountered a bug while moving your chats?