Nowadays there is a lot ofto choose from – and they come in a range of styles and specifications for every smart home. Most connect via a local Wi-Fi network, your phone's Bluetooth connection, or a Zigbee hub, each requiring a slightly different installation process.
Last week I bought a number of WiFi-compatibleBluetooth-compatible and Zigbee-compatible and spent a day installing and taking notes. Here is my quick and easy guide for installing a smart light bulb with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Zigbee.
Wyze & # 39; s dimmable, white light, Wi-Fi LED & # 39; s not only perform with many functions at a great price, they are also easy to install.
1. Download the Wyze app and create an account.
2. Select & # 39; Add a product & # 39; in the menu in the top right corner of the home screen.
3. Select Wyze Bulb from the device list.
4. Make sure your phone is connected to your 2.4 GHz wireless network.
5. Screw in the lamp and switch the power off and on again three times. You are now in pairing mode (the lamp is flashing)
6. Enter your Wi-Fi name and password.
7. Connect to the Wyze smart bulb WiFi network in your settings.
8. Return to the app and the lamp connects automatically.
That's all, you're done. The app asks you to create a unique name for the light and then you can set custom on-off schedules & connect your Wyze lamp (s) toor .
Other smart light bulbs with WiFi :.
The C of GE Soft White Smart Bulbs comes in a $ 25 two-pack. Unlike the Wyze lamps, these GE LEDs connect directly via your phone's Bluetooth. Here's how to start:
1. Download the C by GE app and create an account.
2 . Select the "plus" icon in the upper right corner of the home screen and then "Add new devices".
3. Select "Lights" from the list of devices.
4. Screw in the lamp and switch on the light.
5. Wait a few seconds until the lamp blinks three times.
6. Select "Continue with C by GE App" and you are done.
If you want to operate these LED & # 39; s when you are outside the Bluetooth range, you have two other options. First, you can buy the C by GE C-Reach Smart Bridge for $ 50 – or you can use ato act as the Wi-Fi hub for the bulbs. C by GE lamps also work with Alexa and via but you need a C-Reach hub.
Other smart Bluetooth lamps :.
Philips Hue & # 39; s white zigbee lamps require an extra step than Wyze and C by GE. It has a hub that Philips calls the Hue Bridge that connects to your WiFi router. One Hue Bridge is included in the Philips $ 70 Hue White LED two-pack. Installation is still easy, but it takes a few minutes longer (and I am not a fan of the app).
1. Download the Philips Hue app and create an account.
2. Connect the Hue Bridge to your WiFi router and plug the adapter into a power outlet.
3. Screw in your lamp and switch it on.
4. Select "Search" in the app and he will find your Hue Bridge.
5. Press the button in the middle of the Hue Bridge.
6. Your LED connects automatically.
The Philips Hue app is by far the most tricky of the three. The app asked me to share my Home Data to connect it again and again with Siri and HomeKit, despite my lack of interest (the bulbs also work with Alexa and Google Assistant). Yet they connect quickly despite the extra step from the hub. And the app offers many functions, from dimming to planning, grouping and creating scenes.
Other smart light bulbs with Zigbee :.
Want to know more about LED & # 39; s? Viewwith the best lamps for every room in your house.