The infamous Checkm8 bootrom exploit that was first presented by axi0mX has finally given way to the Checkra1n tool that wants to offer a permanent jailbreak solution for muds running on iOS 13 and later. The latest jailbreak method includes devices ranging from the iPhone 5 s to the iPhone X.
The process is fairly simple, although you need a macOS computer. Support for Windows and Linux should be available soon. You should also know that Checkra1n is semi-unbound which means that you must re-enable the jailbreak with the same steps below each time your device is turned off or restarted. Finally, the tool only supports Cydia, so no luck for the Sileo enthusiasts there.
- Lightning cable
- iPhone with A7, A8, A9 or A1
- iPhone X (iOS 12.3 –13.2.2 full)
- iPhone 8 / Plus (iOS 12.3–13.2.2 full)
- iPhone 7 / Plus (iOS 12.3–13.2.2 full)
- iPhone 6 S / Plus (iOS 12.3–13.2.2 full)  iPhone SE (iOS 12.3–13.2.2 full)  iPhone 5 S (not yet supported)
You must first install the jailbreak tool Checkra1n on your Mac. To ensure that the app works correctly, disable FileVault by going to System Preferences -> Security and Privacy . Click the FileVault tab. If the feature is enabled, click the lock icon in the lower left and enter your password. Then click on "Disable FileVault".
Now go to checkra.in and click on "Download the beta now" and then choose "Download for macOS". If prompted, click on "Keep" in the download bar of your browser. After the file is downloaded, double-click it to launch it and drag the "checkra1n" icon and place it in the "Applications" folder to install the app.
Open Finder and go to the Applications & # 39; s folder. Search checkra1n in the list. Because it's from an & # 39; unidentified developer & # 39; , the app will not run until you do a little trick.
Hold down the control (^) on your keyboard and then left click on the checkra1n app. Select "Open" in the context menu that appears and then click "Open" in the prompt. From now on you can open the app normally.
Step 2: Remove iOS update from storage (if necessary)  After you have set up Checkra1n on your computer, go to your iPhone and remove any iOS software updates that you may have saved, as they will disrupt the jailbreak and prevent it from being successfully performed. Go to the following menu:
Settings -> General -> iPhone storage
Settings -> General -> iPhone storage
On the "iPhone storage" page, search for any file named "iOS 13.x.x." If you find one, tap it and tap "Delete Update" and follow the prompts to confirm the deletion.
Connect your iPhone to your Mac with Checkra1n using either a USB to Lightning cable or a USB-C to Lightning cable and wait until the tool detects your device. Once this is the case, your iPhone model will appear, along with the current iOS version and ECID. Go ahead and click "Start" when you are ready to jailbreak.
When you press "Start", you are immediately asked to start your iPhone in DFU mode. But do not touch your phone yet – wait a moment until Checkra1n restarts your device in recovery mode before continuing.
Step 4: Enter DFU mode and perform the jailbreak
After your iPhone is started in recovery mode, the now free for you to complete the steps to go to DFU mode. Checkra1n guides you through the steps through on-screen instructions, but you can only use DFU if you are familiar with the steps. If you want to know more about the DFU mode on the iPhone X and iPhone 8, you can view the link below.
In addition, you can also follow the brief instructions below that match your device if you want to become familiar with the steps to enter DFU mode . As mentioned above, you do not have to follow the manual on the Checkra1in screen – the app automatically knows when your device enters DFU and continues with the process.
- Hold down the Volume down and Sleep / Wake buttons until the screen turns black.
- Press and hold the Sleep / Wake button for three seconds.
- Hold down the Volume Down button without releasing the Sleep / Wake button.
- Hold down both buttons for 10 seconds and then release only the Sleep / Wake button.
- Continue to hold the Volume Down button for at least 5 seconds.
- Hold down the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons until the screen turns black.
- Hold down the Sleep / Wake button for three seconds.
- Hold down the Home button without releasing the Sleep / Wake button.
- Continue to hold both buttons down for 10 seconds and then release only the Sleep / Wake button.
- Continue to hold the Home button for at least 5 seconds.
When DFU mode is activated, Checkra1n will automatically continue to jailbreak your device. While this is happening, your iPhone will briefly flash a Checkra1n logo and then start up normally, so sit back and wait until the process is complete.