If you get one of the new Samsung S20 smartphones and start using it regularly, you may experience problems with an app that suddenly crashes. The phone itself can be slow after a few weeks of constant use. If that happens, you can reset your phone, restart it, or even perform a full factory reset to hopefully resolve these issues and get your Samsung Galaxy S20 phone working again. Here is all the information you need.
How to restart the Galaxy S20 (soft reset)
If your Galaxy S20 phone works slowly, does not respond or if an app on the device is not working properly, you need to restart your device or perform a soft reset. Here's how to reset the Galaxy S20:
- Turn on your display by pressing the Power button.
- Once your display is switched on, hold down the Power button .
- After a few seconds you will see three options on your screen: Disable Restart or Enable emergency mode .
- Tap the option Restart on the screen.
- Your Galaxy S20 will now be restarted.
If your Galaxy S20 does not respond at all when you press the Power button, try this method:
- Hold down the Power and Volume Down pressed for at least seven seconds.
- Your Galaxy S20 will now restart.
How to reset the Galaxy S20 at the factory (hard reset)
If your Galaxy S20 has problems that cannot be resolved with a soft reset or restart, you may need a Current reset (or hard reset). This will reset your Galaxy S20 to the original factory settings and erase everything you have on your phone, so make sure that all your data is backed up before you perform this reset. If you still want to perform a factory reset, follow these instructions:
- From the home screen of your device, pull the Message Shadow down from the top of your device screen.
- Tap the Settings icon .
- Scroll down and tap General Administration .
- Tap Reset .
- Then tap Reset factory data .
- You see a warning that all data is being deleted from your phone. Scroll down and then press the blue Reset button .
- Enter your PIN or password .
- Tap Delete all .
Do you have questions about resetting the Samsung Galaxy S20? Feel free to leave them in the comments below and we will do our best to help you!
Samsung Galaxy S20 The newest and best from Samsung
The Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra are super-premium 5G smartphones from the South Korean company. Whatever you are looking for, the Galaxy S20 line probably has something that meets your needs.
More posts about Samsung Galaxy S20