Credit: David Imel / Android Authority
Unlike phones, smart speakers aren't always personal devices. In fact, it is very common for a speaker to be shared by multiple users in a household, and Alexa voice profiles are a great addition to ensure that each user gets a personalized experience. In fact, Amazon's Echo speakers can be trained to recognize up to 10 different voices.
Why do I need to add voice profiles to Amazon Echo?
By adding Alexa voice profiles, you can add some extra features to Amazon's smart speakers. The most important thing is access to personalized shopping. With voice profiles enabled, each user can add products to their own wish list or even make a purchase through their own personal account.
In addition, the profiles enable personalized flash briefings for news and updates. Finally, if you use Alexa calling and messaging services, the setting gives individual users access to their personal contact lists.
Finally, users can also listen to personal songs from Amazon's music service. Unfortunately, the Alexa voice profiles do not give you access to personalized access to other music streaming services such as Spotify or Apple Music.
How do I set up Alexa voice profiles on Amazon Echo?
Setting up an Amazon Alexa voice profile is an easy process.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone
- Tap the menu button and go to the Settings option at the bottom
- Now go to Accounts and select the option Your voice.
- You are asked to select an ultrasound device. At this point, it's advisable to mute any additional Alexa speakers you have around you.
- Just follow the instructions that ask you to read four sentences.
- That's all. Tap done once you're done and your voice profile is ready.
Once you have set up your primary voice profile, it will take about 20 minutes for the data to sync with your Echo speakers.
Add more Alexa voice profiles on Amazon Echo speakers?
The process of adding additional Alexa voice profiles is similar to setting your primary voice profile.
- You can sign out of the Alexa app on your phone and ask the additional member to sign – or ask them to install the Alexa app on their phone.
- Now go to the Settings option as before and tap the option Your voice under accounts.
- Your ultrasound machine may ask you to select an existing profile. Just say you're someone else.
- As above, the speaker will ask you to repeat four sentences.
When you are done, the additional voice profile is created and added to the speaker. Alternatively, you can cancel the process at any time by calling Alexa and issuing the Cancel command.
More posts about amazon-alexa