The most striking new feature with iOS 13 is the dark theme, which paints a darker shade over the interface and in many apps. It is a big difference with the clear white screens that have dominated iOS for years and it is something that people have wanted for a long time.
You can manually switch between the themes via the Control Center or by diving into the Settings app every time you want to change it, but luckily Apple has offered the phone a way to automatically switch between light and dark , depending on the time of day or sunset and sunrise. This way you can have a lighter theme during the day when you are in brightly lit areas and then a darker theme that & # 39; in the evening and & # 39; easier to see at night.
- Ensure that iOS 13 or higher is running on your device (Settings> General> Software update on an iPhone 6S, iPad Air 2 or newer)  Open the Settings app and navigate to Display & Brightness
- Switch the Automatic setting under Appearance
- Tap the Options button to set the Appearance schedule
- Select Sunset to Sunrise, where the location of your phone is set used to switch between light and dark when the sun goes down or set your own custom schedule
- That's it, now your phone will automatically change its appearance based on your schedule or the solar cycles.
Vox Media has partner partnerships. These do not affect editorial content, although Vox Media can earn commissions for products purchased through affiliate links. See our ethical policy for more information.