Adobe After Effects is one of the most popular video editing platforms on the market. Whether you are a home movie maker or an aspiring director, you can use many tools to perfect your videos.
One of the most useful effects that you can use is the 3D Camera Tracker in motion effects. This allows you to save time when it comes to tracking and following objects again in scenes with a moving camera. Here are some tips and tricks to use it and to start your career as a filmmaker.
How to Use the 3D Camera Tracker in After Effects
Using the 3D Camera Tracker is actually not that difficult.
1. You start by selecting the layer that you need. This can be a title or the location of a recording, or another layer. Here you can easily find Track camera in the animation menu or by right-clicking on the layer.
2. Then After Effects analyzes the clip to correctly place the layer. Fortunately, this is a background process so that you can continue to work on the rest of your movie while this happens.
3. You can keep track of the progress of the clip analysis in the panel Effect check where you see a percentage and a frame by frame counter.
This can take a hot minute, but it gives you time to have some lunch or check in with the rest of your film crew.
4. After Effects works to solve the camera movement once the analysis is complete. It works in the same way that the camera moves with reverse engineering before the control is transferred to you again. After the camera is complete, it's time for you to select your effect and start composing. This is the part you've almost been waiting for because it means you can complete your effect.
3D Camera Tracker works the same as the camera moves with reverse engineering.
5. You will see multicolored tracking points everywhere on your screen. These trackers each indicate a point that can be used to determine the ground and place your effect. Now select a group of tracking points and right-click to open the menu. Select here Set base and origin . This ensures that a rose appears and shows where the plane is. After you have determined the plane, choose Create text and camera .
There are other options, including Create Solid and Camera, Create Null and Camera, and making multiples of these, but for simplicity we have & # 39; I will concentrate on the text. This creates a piece of text that you can edit and move as you wish. If you need to rotate your text, select the layer in the timeline and press R to open properties.
You can add as many other layers and elements to the scene as you want, you just have to select at least three tracking points. If you want your layers to be in the same position, hold down the Shift key while making selections. Also make sure that the 3D layer switch is switched on, otherwise your elements will not move with the camera.
What else can I do with After Effects?
Now you know how to use the 3D Camera Tracker in After Effects, but there is so much more to controlling this software. After all, you can't make a movie with slow-moving recordings and 3D words, right? I don't think so, Scorsese. A little practice and practice-oriented training can go a long way in the film world and ensure that you make your own films quickly.
When you are ready to sit in your director's chair and master Adobe After Effects, have the perfect practical learning kit to get you started. You can explore eight hours of content accompanied by a true Hollywood VFX artist and learn at your own pace. All four modules are packed in the Adobe After Effects and Nuke VFX Production Bundle at Tech Deals.
This learning kit has a retail value of more than $ 600, but you can now do more then save 90% and start learning for just $ 29. There are more than 100 lessons taught by artist Vicki Lau, so why wait? Your film does not make itself.
You can view the details of the deal via the widget below.