- Spotify has launched 2020 Wrapped to sum up the year on Android and iOS.
- This year includes quizzes, stories, badges and new playlists.
- It also explores podcasts.
Spotify has made it a habit to end the year in music with its Wrapped experiences, and it’s going to step things up with the 2020 edition. The latest year-end experience includes the usual personalized playlists, but adds more than a few extras to help you explore the musical zeitgeist.
You’ll see more personalized playlists, including your top songs to collect your favorites and missed hits to see the releases you haven’t played (but might like). If you’re in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland or New Zealand, you can also try an On Record ‘mixed media experience’ that showcases your top artists.
Also see: 15 Spotify Tips to Get More Out of Your Premium Account
Spotify 2020 Wrapped is also much more than just listening. In-app quizzes let you guess which artists, podcasts, and even eras made your top lists. A Story of Your 2020 helps you follow the path of your top song of the year as you played it over and over. You can research podcast habits in detail and earn badges based on your listening patterns and influence. For example, if many people follow one of your playlists, you will receive a Tastemaker badge.
You don’t even need an account this year. You can still visit 2020 Wrapped on the web to see Spotify’s global trends, including the hottest artists, songs and podcasts.
Would you like to see the function yourself? We will walk you through the process.
How to find Spotify 2020 Wrapped on the web and mobile
- On the web, visit the Spotify 2020 Wrapped website and log into your account if you have one.
- You should see a summary of your year on mobile, or go straight to your playlists on the desktop.
- In Spotify’s mobile apps, starting a search should show the 2020 Wrapped card if you don’t already see it on your home screen.
- It may take a while for the mobile to roll out, so don’t be surprised if it isn’t immediately visible. Some have been successful by reinstalling the app.