The Huawei EMUI 10 software update based on Android 10 has been rolled out worldwide to Huawei and Honor phones since December 201
If you have a Huawei phone, the EMUI 10 skin is the biggest visual update to the Huawei operating system in years. Here is everything you need to know about the functions of the update, how to download them and which phones they will or will not receive.
What is Huawei EMUI 10?
EMUI is a software update from Huawei based on the Android OS platform from Google. The EMUI 10 version of the custom skin is based onand contains many of the functions of the operating system along with some of its own elements and a new user interface from Huawei. It began rolling out in December 2019 in its final stable version for Huawei and Honor phones.
What functions does EMUI 10 contain?
The EMUI 10 update includes the following functions:
- A user interface for Magazine Design, with a more minimalist design with more white space between apps, settings and notifications
- More natural, smooth movements when opening and closing apps
- System-wide dark mode
- New camera options including new color gradation options and filters
- Seamless connection with Huawei iOS and MacOS), allowing you to see a virtual smartphone screen on your laptop screen for dragging files and messages to friends and family with your keyboard. (similar to between
- Improved performance: EMUI 10 offers a reduction in response latency of nearly 26% and a reduction in latency fluctuation of 56%, according to Huawei.
Which phones can get Huawei EMUI 10 update?
In the US, where Huawei phones aredue to the and the received the EMUI 10 update, according to the Huawei website. Outside the US, 28 phones from the Huawei and Honor brands will receive the update.
Which telephones cannot receive the EMUI 10 update?
Older phones that do not receive the EMUI 10 update include:
Installing the EMUI 10 update
If your phone is compatible with the EMUI 10 update, you can do the following to Download it:  Go to Configuration> System and Software Update. You can see which interface you currently have and which updates are pending. If you see nothing, try refreshing the page or restart your phone. Before you update EMUI 10, you must have installed the previous version of EMUI 9.1.
Or go to the HiCare Huawei support app and tap Services> Update> Check for updates> Download and install.
For more information, visit Huawei EMUI 10: the news you need to know [photos].