Today, Microsoft released a new Windows 10 preview with six bug fixes. The update bumps Windows 10 from building 18356 (available to testers on March 12) to build 18358. These buildings are from the 19H1 branch, representing the update Windows 10 which will arrive in the first half of this year (probably completed for Windows Insiders this month and rolled out to the public in April).
Windows 10 is developed as a service, which means that it regularly receives new features. Microsoft has released six major updates so far: November Update, Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Fall Creators Update, April 2018 Update and October 201
We do not know if the next update will be called Windows 10 April 2019 update. We know, however, that it will bring Windows 10 to version 1903.
Error Corrections and Known Issues
This 19H1 building contains the following general bug fixes and enhancements:
- Addressed a problem with game mode that may impair game streaming and recording quality .
- More free breakdown sites. To get the latest update, launch the Store app, click […] and then "Downloads and Updates".
- Solve a problem that can sometimes cause the thumbnails in Alt + Tab to shift.
- Solve an issue where some upgrade paths may cause the contents of the trash to be left under Windows.old.
- Solve a problem that results in upgrades failing by 18% or 25% and rolling back to some Insiders.
- Fixed a problem that resulted in any insider experiencing green screens with error KERNEL_SECURITY_VIOLATION.
- Solve a problem that resulted in some apps using Windows Installer failing to install recently.
This building has six numbers:
- Updates for the Microsoft Store app are not automatically installed 18356 +. As a solution, you can manually check for and install updates through the Microsoft Store app. Open Select "…"> "Downloads and Updates"> "Download Updates".
- Starting games using anti-cheat software can trigger a bug check (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards do not work properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not work properly.
- VMware cannot be installed or updated in Windows Insider Preview Buildings. Hyper-V is a profitable alternative.
- If you install some of the latest buildings from the quicken and switch to the slow ring, any content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You need to stay in the quicker to add / install / activate any content. This is because optional content is only installed on buildings that are approved for specific rings.
Do not install it as always on your production machine.