Finally, you can start, stop and pause a Netflix movie or show it as a group of friends and family at the same time, without the hard work of trying to sync everyone. ("3, 2, 1
Netflix Party comes at a time when countries around the world are pushing foras methods to counter the . The sudden and serious lack of social contacts puts a particular strain on children who have been removed from school and on people who live alone. (Here's everything you need to know about during the COVID-19 pandemic.)
Netflix party helps bridge the gap by showing you and your friends shows and movies at the same time streaming on your desktop. This allows anyone in the invited group to pause, play, fast forward, and rewind the movies so you're always on the same time frame. There is also a side chat bar where you and your friends can discuss what's going on in the movie – just like you would if you were on the couch together. We got in touch to see how many people can join your party at the same time, but Netflix Party didn't respond.
Read on to download, install and use the Netflix Party extension to watch your movies with family and friends.
Everyone in your group needs a Netflix account
For this to work, everyone who sends you an invitation must have access to Netflix. If they don't have an account, Netflix offers a free 30-day trial for new subscribers. If they are not new subscribers, they can reactivate their account for $ 9 per month and cancel at any time.
Download the Google extension
After everyone has signed up for Netflix or signed up on their computer, & # 39; I need to download the Netflix Party extension. Here's how.
1. Visit netflixparty.com in your Google Chrome browser.
2. Click Download Netflix Party Free .
3. You will be redirected to the Google Chrome web store page to download the extension. Click on Add to Chrome .
4. A pop-up window opens. Select Add extension . You will now see a gray NP icon in your browser toolbar.
Start watching movies with friends
Now that you have downloaded the extension, you can start watching programs and movies with your friends and family. Here's how to get started.
1. Open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser and sign in to Netflix.
2. Find a program or movie you want to watch and click on it.
3. You will now see the icon NP (Netflix Party) changed from gray to red. Click on the icon and select Start the party . You become the host, so you can select the option to be the sole controller for pausing and playing the show, or you can let everyone take control.
4. Copy the URL from the pop-up window and send it to anyone you want to invite to the group.
5. The chat room appears on the right side of the screen. From there, you can see when someone is joining the party.
6. Now you can laugh, cry and cry with your family and friends, and feel a little less alone.
Do you want to do more things in this age of social distance? Here isand