Anker-owned audio brand Soundcore made a big splash with its affordable Life P2 earbuds in 201
In terms of specs and features, Soundcore Life P3 improves upon its predecessor in every way. It uses 11mm drivers (versus 6mm drivers), works with wireless charging and uses 6 microphones for improved call quality (versus 4 microphones). It also features a ton of ANC and app-driven audio modes — so many, in fact, that we have to list them in bullet form.
- Transport: A powerful ANC mode intended for buses, airplanes, cars and other environments with ambient noise with lots of bass.
- Outdoors: An ANC mode to block out street noise, wind and other ambient noise.
- Within: The lightest ANC mode intended for office environments and coffee shops.
- Transparency: The opposite of ANC. Transparency mode provides external audio so you can hear your surroundings while listening to music.
- In-app control
- Custom EQ: Choose EQ according to your taste.
- bassUP: A bass boost mode (also available on Soundcore Life P2).
- Sleep mode: A white noise mode to help you fall asleep.
- Game Mode: This mode enhances the sound effects in games.
- Find your earplugs: No, it’s not Tile tracking. Find Your Earbuds causes the Life P3s to emit a high-pitched beep.
Soundcore says the Life P3 earbuds have a playback time of 7 hours and up to 32 hours with the charging case. That’s average for a pair of headphones at this price point, though battery life is likely to be shorter in the real world, especially if you’re using ANC.
The Soundcore Life P3s will be launched in early July. Pre-orders aren’t available, though you can pre-order a pair of earbuds right now for $1. Pre-ordering the earbuds will get you 25% off, dropping the Life P3s from $80 to just $60.