Like all password managers, the person in your Chrome browser can save the login details that you use to access websites and services and log in with a single master password.
The function of Google Chrome is not as robust asthat can handle your password chores. and also share your login details with others you trust and give you encrypted online space to store important documents. But if you are looking for an easy – and free – way to manage your login data on different devices, the Chrome browser can handle the basics. In addition, it can warn you if you re-use a password or choose one that is too easy to guess.
Here you can see how to set up and use the Google Chrome password manager for Windows and MacOS.
How to manage your login data with Chrome & # 39; s password manager
You can use the Google password service to manage your Chrome login data on your Mac or PC.
1. In the Chrome browser at the top right, tap your profile image and then tap Passwords (this is the key icon under your name).
2. Enable or disable at the top of the page whether you want Chrome to offer to save new passwords and log in to websites automatically.
3. Under Saved Passwords, tap the website name to view the site, and then tap the Show Password icon (it is the eyeball) to display the password for the site to watch. You may have to enter the password of your computer to view the login details of the site. This is an additional security measure.
4. Tap the menu More actions on the far right of a site to view the login details (it is the one with the three vertical dots). Here you can tap remove to delete the site and login information from Google & # 39; s password manager.
How to change your password with Google & # 39; s password manager
If you ever need to change a password, for example if you have updated the password of a site on a website outside of Chrome, you will want to do this.
1. Go to the Google password management site on your phone or desktop device.
2. Scroll down to the Sites and apps section and tap the website name whose password you want to change. You may need to enter your Google Account password before you can make the change.
3. Tap the button Edit and click in the field Password to edit the password. To view your written password instead of a series of dots that hide the characters, tap the Show Password icon.
With the Google password manager you can also check whether your login data has been exposed as part of a data breach. Consult our guide for more information.
How you let Google & # 39; s password manager create a password for you
Of course, it's great that Google & # 39; s password manager keeps track of your login details. But even more convenient, it can also quickly generate strong passwords for you which it can then automatically save in your account. Here's how.
1. First, make sure your Google Account Sync is enabled by typing in your profile in the top right and then tapping . Enable synchronization if it is not already enabled.
2. Now tap a site for which you want to create a password in the password field and then tap Use Proposed Password.
Now, the next time you log in to that website, Google will enter your password automatically.
For more information about staying safe with the Google browser, here how you can helpand how you let the browser as part of a data breach.