Informed Delivery sends you notifications to your phone or computer, including an image of the letter from the IRS, so you know what to look for and when it comes. It is an alternative to theto track the delivery of your paper check.
There are a few things to keep in mind. Informed Delivery shows you all your documents scanned by the post office, not just your stimulus payment. It cannot tell youor . You can cancel at any time.
Read on to learn how to use the USPS tool to check your stimulus in the email and refresh the latest news about. This story is often updated.
How to View Your Own Personal Mail Bag
It may take up to three business days for your account to be activated after you set it up. Once it's live, you'll receive an email every morning Monday through Saturday when mail is scheduled, with a notification of the mail being delivered, along with a grayscale image of the front of the letter. You can also use the free informed delivery app of Android and iPhone to be kept informed.
Do I get my stimulus check by mail?
At the moment, you are more likely to receive your money by post than to your bank account. That's because thepassed on May 13.
The Federal Tax Agency said that the focus now is on sending postal payments through the post office – either as a paper check or as a prepaid debit card called the economic impact payment or EIP card. Read on to track your payment envelope by mail.
Informed Delivery: Quickly Check Your Eligibility
When the USPS passes mail through its automated mail sorting equipment, it creates a digital image of the front of all letterbox mail, including your stimulus check. The Informed Delivery program uses this digitally recorded information to notify you when each piece of mail is on its way.
The service is available for many private and personal mailboxes. box addresses, but no companies. It also does not work for some multi-unit buildings where the postal service has not yet identified a unit.
Here's how to check if it's available in your area:
1. Go to the Informed Postal Service Delivery page and tap the button Sign up for free .
2. Enter your mailing address and tap Continue .
If the service is available, you can continue to create an account.
Setting Up the Informed Delivery Service
Setting up your account is easy.
1. On the Informed Delivery Service page, tap Sign up for free .
2. After entering your postal address and confirming that it works with the service, you must accept the terms and conditions and tap Continue .
3. On the next page, choose your username, password and security questions. Then enter your contact details and tap Continue .
4. On the next page you need to verify your identity. Tap Verify identity online if you want to receive a verification code on your phone or tap Request invitation code by mail if you want the mail to mail you a code. If neither method works for you, you may also be able to visit a post office to personally verify your identity.
For more information about ordering and receiving packages during theyou can find here and .